Advice on 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi.

I am new to the world of Land Crusiers, but I really like what I’ve seen this community do to their rigs.

I have found one for sale and I am hoping to get this community’s input. I have attached images below. I am going to go look at it soon for myself and I will have a mechanic give his opinion.

I’m drawn to the Land Cruiser because I cannot stomach the price of new vehicles today. From what I've read, they have a great reputation for reliability. I figure I can do a lot of repairs to this car for what I’d pay to get something new.

I’m planning on mostly using this as a hunting rig and cruising some forest roads.

My main concern is ensuring I get a vehicle that I’m not worried about leaving me stranded. I want to feel confident that I can get behind the wheel and drive across the country at a moments notice. How can I ensure this when looking at used cruisers? It feels like a bit of an oxymoron buying an almost 25 year old vehicle for reliability and that's my biggest fear, that I end up with a lemon and need to buy a newer vehicle anyways.

Thanks in advance and I hope threads like this are okay.

lx2.jpeg
lx1.jpeg
lx3.jpeg
lx4.jpeg
lx5.jpeg

A few more details:

The seller is asking $14k and it has a clean title. He mentioned one low speed accident where a neighbor backed into the car, but it has been repaired.

Here is the describption given by the seller:
2000 Lexus LX470 AWD with only 132k miles on it. Recently had the 140k checkup, replaced rear brakes/rotors, replaced valve covers and half moons. Clean title. No excessive corrosion or rust issue. I am the second owner, purchased as a certified used car at about three years old. One very minor, slow moving accident. Some wear on drivers seat and steering wheel. All other seats and interior in good condition. Paint in good condition with minor scratches. Small dent in the lower right corner of the rear hatch. Well maintained. This has been a very reliable vehicle. Options include heated leather seats, sunroof, third row seating, roof rack, keyless entry, Weather Guard cargo mat, running boards, more.

You need to know the last time the timing belt was changed. Get under it and see exactly how much rust there is. Then make sure the ahc suspension functions correctly. At a glance I would consider those the three main things. You could use those things, along with the big dent on the tailgate to maybe lower the price. I know it has low mileage but the price still seems a little steep. These things aren't pulling in the prices they were a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom