Advice for a wheeling newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I bought my '71 FJ40 last fall and I've been spending the last year or so getting it fixed up and reliable. I'm pretty happy with how it's running these days and I'd like to get it out into the woods. I've never wheeled before, so I'm wondering, A) where to go in my area (Portland, ME), someplace that has beginner type trails, and B) what kind of gear I should have, i.e. tools, recovery gear, etc.
Thanks! :beer:

Hi-lift jack, snatch strap, D-rings.
Basic set of metric sockets and wrenches.
Another vehicle.

I live in Arundel and my friend Remy 74 (Jonny) here on mudd lives in Buxton and he has 15 acres of land with a couple of trails on it. send one of us a PM and we could take you for a run at his house.

Sure give a buzz when you want to do some wheeling we can find something:steer:, I work out of portland do most of my wrenching at work makes things a little easier with :princess:

Jon walks into a bar with a newbie under his arm...................

:lol: Nice we could really chub it up had to old orchard and hit the vaccancy pub, yeah buddy

Ow that hurt besides I told Chip I would fix the damage his 40 did spend sometime in my garage this year. He still doesn't have wipers but :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom