Adding Rain Sensing Wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had to have the windshield replaced on my wife's 16 Base GX. They put the wrong one in and it has the wiper sensor bracket which got me thinking. Has anyone added the sensor, anyone know if the wiring harness is up in the headliner?

Haven’t heard of anyone adding it.

It’s potentially more than just the sensor, mine has a setting on the right stalk that allows you to turn them on AUTO. It’s one click of a rotation from wipers OFF toward the intermediate settings. So may want to check that you have that too, or consider that stalk retrofit and cost into the equation.

Looking at FSM it appears the main BCM is involved as well. You'd have to drop the map light and see if harness is up there. I have the automatic high beam sensor I was going to retrofit but harness is different.... may try running a custom wire run to BCM someday when I get time. I don't recall anyone looking for it... I forgot this feature was dropped from base starting in 2014.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.50.35 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.50.44 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.50.55 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.51.03 AM.jpg

:lol: I've never owned a car with auto wipers before, and I can count on one hand the number of times it's rained here in AZ in the last 12 months, let alone how many times I've actually been driving in the rain. So we buy this thing last month, and are driving it home through Texas during a big rain storm. After about an hour (and most of the rain) we finally figure out how to operate the rain-sensing wipers. Then we stop in Odessa to gas up, and like an idiot, I just sling the squeegee up on the windshield to wash off the bugs, and wop, wop, wop, there go the auto wipers, while I'm trying to clean off the windshield. That's the full extent of my knowledge and experience with rain-sensing wipers. :lol:

A side tip.. when someone reports they don't work properly the first question I ask is if windshield has been replaced.

Some installers mess up or don't replace the gel pack that exists between the rain sensor and the windshield.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom