Wanted AC clutch search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LuckyDevil

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hello everyone! I have the 1985 BJ74 converted to lhd. The AC clutch decided to fail. I get power to the wires but it doesn't engage all of a sudden. Megazip may have one, looking into it but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has one around. Or if anyone thinks it could be something else.
Thanks,
Brad

I read about that too. Sure was cold the day before. Tried one of those cans but didn't seem to want to work without the clutch engaging. Going to check that out too. Just wanted to start searching now. I don't mind sourcing some parts even if I find a different solution.
Thanks ton

Besides everything I've read and watched applying voltage should still activate the clutch. I know there is a low pressure sensor but bypassing it should engage it and it doesn't.

If you apply voltage directly to the clutch and it does not engage then the clutch is bad. If it does engage it’s likely the pressure switch.

Yes, no engagement at all. Somewhere is a great thread on the subject, even my engine. It really helped. I do love this forum. Huge wealth of knowledge. So I must thank all of you!!!!

denso 471-0204 a/c compressor
Okay so silly me didn't stick my head up in there to look at the part number. It even has a remanufactured sticker. Looks like I can get one. Even on Amazon. The thing I don't like is I can't find the voltage. I have the receipt from when previous owner had it worked on in Canada so I may call them Monday. Thanks again for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom