ABS pump help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grenadaseafaris.com
Hi, so I am trying to understand the pipes going to the abs pump, the top left and top right are front and rear from the master cylinder, I am assuming the bottom left and right are the front and rear out of the abs pump, the middle one at the bottom, is this the abs pressure bleed off for when the pump activates.
any advice for trouble shooting pressure loss internally in the pump would be helpful from anyone that has done it.

44E32364-DEAF-40F6-B696-AF5DFEDAC7EB.jpeg

still been struggling with really soft brake pedal, i suspect the abs pump might be knackered, does anyone know how to test the abs pump, i think mine might have an internal leak, going to order a used one and see it that helps.

i dont think other than maybe doing some voltage checks there really isnt much that can be done to check the abs pump. theres plenty of threads about deleting the abs that outline adding a manual proportioning valve in its place

Some ABS systems can be checked, ours cannot. What happens is there's two spring loaded chamber's called accumulator's, They have a valve that seals them. Every time you start the vehicle and drive a few feet, it does a self test and cycles the system. The valve seat wears over time and allows some pressure to bleed in. The symptom is the same as air or a worn master cyl. This process speeds up if you don't change your brake fluid.

When I removed mine, (same reason) I tore it down to see if I could drill an access hole. Couldn't get there. Some of the manufactures have a plug you remove. There's two accumulators, you stick a pick in each hole, push hard on the pedal and if a pick moves, its leaking. The unit cannot be repaired.

This is one of the most miss diagnosed parts of the brake system.
Don't forget, you have 7 flex lines. One of the best mods to get the pedal firmer is to install braided lines (assuming no other issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom