Aaron's heart journey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as most of you know my youngest son Aaron was born with congenital heart failure. Well the time has come for him to need a transplant. I will be taking Jennifer and Aaron to Charleston Monday to move into the hospital while they look for a heart. His condition has steadily worsened to the point it would be best if he was hospitalized.
They think that they can have hime a heart by the end of February. Once transplanted it will be at least a 8 week recovery. Prayers are appreciated and I will post up any updates as they happen.
Polish_20230106_053034713.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and I will be with them on weekends until the actual transplant is performed. Until then he will just be sitting around at the hospital while they monitor his vitals and adjust meds.

Your family, especially Aaron, is on my prayer list. How old is he?

Will be praying for Aaron Gabe!!

Got the call last night. Aaron has a heart! I will be heading down in the next hr. Most likely the surgery will take place later this evening into the night!

FB_IMG_1675248598841.jpg

Great news!
Praying for the surgery to go well and for a quick recovery.

Any update? Been praying.

Yes sorry I have not updated sooner

Transplant has went well. They hope to ween him off oxygen today but will probably be tomorrow before they remove the breathing tube. Hope to have him on his feet Tuesday. Aaron has a Facebook page called Aaron's heart journey for anyone who wants to join and see daily updates as well.

Gabe, that's awesome!

Great to hear Gabe! So happy for you guys!

Day 3 after transplant:

Aaron had a great night!

Aaron is still resting but they were able to come off the paralytic. Aaron pressures remained steady all night.
It was a good night.

I believe the plan today is to see if they can rouse him a bit. To see if he can tolerate waking up more. If he is able to hold steady on that they will try to remove the breathing tube.

Aaron's kidneys are working so much better. I am so excited about that.

I am hopeful today is going to be a good day.

Great news!

Been a while so I thought I would check back in. Aaron has had some rocky days the last day or two but overall he is still improving . He had to wear a a CPAP to help get his o2 levels up. Hoping to be rid of it soon. His kidneys have been hit and miss but are working. He is suffering from delirium still but that is also getting much better.

Hang in there. We will keep praying

Waiting to be discharged from the hospital as we speak. Aaron and Jen will have to stay here several more weeks but I will be coming back to the upstate Saturday. He has done well but has several weeks of therapy to go thru. Thanks for all the prayers.

Screenshot_20230228-112126.jpg

Great news Gabe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom