SOLD A442f Diesel torque converter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a factory toyota diesel A442f torque converter for sale $250. It has recently been rebuilt by road runner converters out of pheonix az. They lowered the stall speed and put in a heavy duty clutch. It has roughly a thousand miles on it since the rebuild.

I have a naturaly aspirated 1hz diesel that I installed this behind. Long story short my engine does not produce enough power to make the cruiser start out in high range on a steep incline. (Because they lowered the stall speed) If I turbocharged my cruiser this would not be a problem but that was not an option at the time. So I installed a different torque converter to solve my problem.

If you have a turbo charged diesel running an a442f trans this will work good for you.

Pm me if interested.

Thanks

Last edited:
The rebuild cost around $300. They did not say what they lowered the stall too.. From what I understand they can lower it only so much... for what it's worth. It did not need a rebuild when I sent it in. They actually comented on how it looked good when they opened it up. It worked fine for 99 percent of the time. It was when I was on a steep grade starting out in high that it could not overcome the stall speed because of the lack of juice the 1hz puts out. A 1hdt or turbocharged 1hz should run nice with it. Locking up sooner because of the lower stall speed ect... make an offer I'm moving and it is not coming with me. I will be putting it in the garbage can in a few days.

The rebuild cost around $300. They did not say what they lowered the stall too.. From what I understand they can lower it only so much... for what it's worth. It did not need a rebuild when I sent it in. They actually comented on how it looked good when they opened it up. It worked fine for 99 percent of the time. It was when I was on a steep grade starting out in high that it could not overcome the stall speed because of the lack of juice the 1hz puts out. A 1hdt or turbocharged 1hz should run nice with it. Locking up sooner because of the lower stall speed ect... make an offer I'm moving and it is not coming with me. I will be putting it in the garbage can in a few days.
Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom