A time to lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you can see the picture you can see she's sitting on the bottom, which means she needs springs, shocks, struts and bag elimination kit (Cue the low rider song). Thinking about an Ironman Nitro Gas kit with stock rate springs. Most of my driving is going to be on the pavement with some off road. Will the Nitro kit be a good kit for the price? And do I really need UCAs?
IMG_0015.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same Iron Man kit.
Great ride, firms it up for the corners, super smooth on the freeways.
Square-edged bumps are less smooth, but they never are.
Off road is great...controlled, firm, decent “flex”.
Raised mine about 2” in the rear, close to 3” up front.
I did their UCAs, but I don’t think they are necessary at this level of lift.
I’d buy them again, FWIW.

The UCAs are not very costly nor difficult to install. I think they are well-matched to the increased level of droop you will see while simply installing the system. Nicely made. Then you add greater adjustability, especially for camber. I have the FCP shocks vs nitro, but the rest of the kit is all the same. Good quality, everything fits correctly, and compared to riding on the bumpstops like you are doing now, it's cloud 9. I would not be surprised if your factory rear bumps are completely trashed. Mine were on one side.

Just want to echo what others have said about UCAs. You don’t *need* to get them, but you may as well. No better time to install them than with everything off for the lift, and they’ll make your alignment that much better.

no matter what you go with, you’ll absolutely love the ride compared to being on nearly blown bags. mine were almost as bad as yours before installing an icon stage 2 kit with spc uppers. Smile plastered to my face the entire ride home from the shop. Good luck!

So, the science is settled. Where have you heard that line? Will get a pair of UCAs to complete the order and make sure everything is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom