a few pics from BHCC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
here are a few pics, Saturday's trail was abit muddy

DSCF2766.JPG

DSCF2771.JPG

DSCF2774.JPG

DSCF2775.JPG

DSCF2777.JPG

Thursday's trail was wet and rocky, first 3 pics I was turtled, needed a tug to get off the rock.

DSCF2752.JPG

DSCF2753.JPG

DSCF2754.JPG

DSCF2758.JPG

DSCF2760.JPG

funny thing is the spot where I was turtled, is this same place 13 years ago, I made it thru then. no water in the stream back then.

DSCF0162.JPG

DSCF0163.JPG

DSCF0161.JPG

DSCF0159.JPG

Very cool Paul.

I have always considered BHCC as a bit of a rock crawlers event. I know they added a "overland" style aspect to the event last year or so. I want to get out to this one soon, I have heard it is laid back and a really fun event.

Could you expand on your thoughts of the event?

Camping situation?
Good for family?
Types of trail runs?
Raffle/Dinner/Fun stuff?

Thanks man, we should be able to have a good 406 showing as it is our closest TLCA event I think?

Drew, The overland was very scenic, not much for 4wd, could have been done in 2wd, is what I was told from someone, I trust who was on the overnight ride.
Camping at this campground was great, so much better than the campground they used to be at 13 years ago. Nice clean showers and bath rooms, plenty of hot water.
Very good for families, I'll post some more pics later tonight.
Dinner was good, lots of raffle prizes, we won twice.
I was staying on 3+ trails but there was lots harder ones available.
Problem this year was that they have had twice as much rain as normal and trails that are normally dry were still rivers. the pics in my second and third post are the same area from different years, the water in the second post isn't there in the third post.
The forest service was closing trails on a daily basis, due to the water, so the organizers had to scramble to find open trails. I would think that the mud pics wouldn't have been that way in a normal year.
Paul

first 3 pics are of the entrance to the campground, this years swag, and lots of happy kids.
Swede and his wife Judy donated all the FJ40 model cars for the kids to all get one.
swede is the one in the cowboy hat behind the kids.
last 2 pics are from 13 years ago.

DSCF2781.JPG

DSCF2783.JPG

DSCF2787.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0109.JPG

all from 13 years ago.
these pics are all on Hell Johns? the trail we were on is called calamity corner, calamity corner weaves across Hell Johns so we could watch the crawlers in the dry river bed. this year the river was running so that trail was closed.

DSCF0136.JPG

DSCF0127.JPG

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0134.JPG

DSCF0151.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom