A/C Ice cold, just doesn't turn off! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Just installed new compressor, dryer, o-rings etc, recharged the system and it blows ICE cold. Only problem is you can not switch off the compressor with the A/C switch.

Any advice on where to start?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

:meh:Sorry I dont have an answer but I am having AC problems. Did you do a conversion or just revamp your R12 system? I'm trying to decide what to do. I just dropped $250 worth of R12 into a leaky compressor and now I'm so pissed I can't see straight. How hard was the work you just did. I'm no master mechanic but I do a decent job of what I can. Thanks for any insight. Sorry I'm no help.

Pull the blue switch try to turn it off there. Mike

Pull the blue switch try to turn it off there. Mike

Thanks.

I will pull it apart and see if it is in that switch. The light goes out, just doesn't change the compressor.

Any other relays that could/would cause this?

Just installed new compressor, dryer, o-rings etc, recharged the system and it blows ICE cold. Only problem is you can not switch off the compressor with the A/C switch.

Any advice on where to start?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Does the Comp clutch disengage when you disconnect the wire going to compressor?

:meh:Sorry I dont have an answer but I am having AC problems. Did you do a conversion or just revamp your R12 system? I'm trying to decide what to do. I just dropped $250 worth of R12 into a leaky compressor and now I'm so pissed I can't see straight. How hard was the work you just did. I'm no master mechanic but I do a decent job of what I can. Thanks for any insight. Sorry I'm no help.

I bought a new compressor, a little less than $250 and did the conversion.

Clutch will let go if its got no electricity. If not, its bad. MIke

It does disengage when it is unplugged.

Get a switch. Mike
If the blue AC light goes on and off, I think the switch is working correctly. Power to the blue light and to the pressure switch/amplifier/VSV/clutch comes from the same side of the AC switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom