99 LX470 Auxbeam 8 gang switch install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got the Auxbeam 8 gang switch for lights but looking in the engine bay, there really isn’t anywhere to put the relay box for it. The only place that seems viable is atop the factory relay box. However the factory box isn’t wide enough to accommodate the screws for mounting the Auxbeam box. I was thinking I might stick it to the lid of the factory box using some 3m double sided. But, questioning how reliable an option that is has brought me here. Any thoughts? Or, even better, have you figured out how to mount this thing?

I bought this to mount my switch setup. Due to the higher underhood temps, I'm not sure how well the box would stick to the factor fuse holder.

I don't have the Auxbeam specifically, but have velcro'd a different solid state relay box to the top of our existing box. It's only recently started working its way loose (doesn't matter, wires are tied down well), so best estimation is that your 3m tape can last a couple years.

Vector's got the right idea, those are crazy useful. I've got a winch cutoff switch occupying mine.

I bought this to mount my switch setup. Due to the higher underhood temps, I'm not sure how well the box would stick to the factor fuse holder.

This is perfect. Thanks.

I don't have the Auxbeam specifically, but have velcro'd a different solid state relay box to the top of our existing box. It's only recently started working its way loose (doesn't matter, wires are tied down well), so best estimation is that your 3m tape can last a couple years.

Vector's got the right idea, those are crazy useful. I've got a winch cutoff switch occupying mine.
That’s a great solution. I’m chasing down Vector’s idea but it’s good to know this even as a temporary solution. Thank you!

I used the owl tray thing but cut some out to route the wires for the Auxbeam. Its in there tight but it works. Also put my breakers for my amp, 2nd battery charger, and the auxbeam on the vertical side.

tempImageMzHxjw.jpg

I just got the Auxbeam 8 gang switch for lights but looking in the engine bay, there really isn’t anywhere to put the relay box for it. The only place that seems viable is atop the factory relay box. However the factory box isn’t wide enough to accommodate the screws for mounting the Auxbeam box. I was thinking I might stick it to the lid of the factory box using some 3m double sided. But, questioning how reliable an option that is has brought me here. Any thoughts? Or, even better, have you figured out how to mount this thing?
The 3M stuff is solid. If you go that route, go with the extreme velcro stuff though not the double sided tape. I forget what they call it but it like locks in place.

No experience with the AUX beam product but on the LC ( if you don't have dual battery) we have a lot of empty space and threaded holes on the passenger side. I rigged this up.

1655913271207.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom