98-02 Charcoal Canister Hose 77747-60031, is it a vacuum hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I got myself a replacement of what seemed to be a vacuum hose (OEM) for the 98-02 Charcoal Canister (Replaced with new OEM as PM) as the factory fitted hose cracked upon removal.

When I pulled it out, the bottom end was sitting in one of the holes in the frame with nothing connected on the other end. So where’s the vacuum I thought?..

Is this the correct orientation and fit? Or has a mechanic that worked on the car misfitted this hose during reassembly?

B6ADD2C7-AF6E-4624-8978-CA6D81774FBF.jpeg
8CA1BB6F-F259-4087-98E8-31C8D5EFD4BD.jpeg

There’s a tab that’s supposed to be on top of the frame to hold that tube in place. It’s just a vent tube that sends vapors down and out, away from where they could potentially combust. It’s supposed to be routed outside the frame box, NOT inside the frame like you’ve done. Here’s the part number for the tab (clip):

9095901525​

Corresponding diagram: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Toyota&ssd=$*KwFhVURANSIPNTxqIAdvdzktDQoUZWpnZnRqWChwIXZpcA91JiZ7cWhmKS0nPDNKfzowOzF2aWF5dWxtfHFod2NkZ2R1JiZxPXBvdmRlZWI5NVxxLysiOjYVLChne3FodXZka2RjPzQ6f3J3PSdwb3coVFkBExh2f3J3OmkmInNwAA4ZY2VnRilfHQIQHxJweXcocntxaHU6Jj45eyomfjo2d25zYygAAAAAnL_btg==$&vid=0&cid=3&uid=384748&q=

There’s a tab that’s supposed to be on top of the frame to hold that tube in place. It’s just a vent tube that sends vapors down and out, away from where they could potentially combust. It’s supposed to be routed outside the frame box, NOT inside the frame like you’ve done. Here’s the part number for the tab (clip):

9095901525​

I am missing the clip indeed. Thanks for the part number!

Learn something everyday. :)

Learn something new too! I replaced all the vacuum hoses as PM/baselining process couple months ago and had this exact new part leftover. Didn't really understand why this part was going into the frame and what it was connected to (I just couldn't see the end of the hose from the top)...so I ended up not replacing this part because I didn't want to open up a can of worm. So, appreciate the info @JunkCrzr89 and clarity on how its attached and why its routed down as it is.

I had to check it out myself in my 99LX after reading this thread and for reference, attaching the picture for the OP. Will be replacing this hose this weekend!

IMG_3513.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom