For Sale 97 Lexus LX 450 in Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD
1997 Lexus LX 450, I purchased on 5/11/10
179,xxx miles
Front/Rear/Center Lockers, work great
CDL switch for operation in Hi
4” OME lift, shocks, caster correction plates, sway bar drop kit
BFG 295/75/16 AT’s with 19,000 miles on them
Toyota stock LC wheels, center caps
Upgraded 100 Series front brakes
ARB front winch bumper, no winch mounting plate
Safari snorkel
Uniden CB installed, no antenna, have not had a need to use it
Hand throttle
Hella lights, not hooked up, haven’t used
Custom countertop material and cutting board installed on tailgate
Stock 6 Disc changer works
Small window mounted solar panel for charging battery
Slee washer bottle relocate kit w 2nd battery tray
Wiring for HAM radio present

Records from the PO show:

• Drive belts, and E-brake serviced at 151,205 miles, 7/7/08
  • Switch to full synthetic oil at 151,721 miles, 8/16/08
  • New plugs, wires, rotor, cap (all OEM) at 152,152 miles, 11/2/08
  • New windshield and OEM gasket, 4/20/09
  • Head gasket rebuild at Karl Malone Toyota in SLC, UT – head and valve job, new v-belts, plugs, air hose, 2 vacuum switches, water pump and water temp sensor, knock sensor, T-stat, and an oil change at 156,630 miles, 5/11/09
  • Oil change 0-30w M1 at 160,463 miles, 8/20/09
  • Front/rear diffs and T-case fluids changed all w/M1 synthetic 75-90w at 160,560 miles, 8/26/09
  • 4 New BFG AT’s at 160,567 miles, 8/27/09
  • New OEM air filter at 163,505 miles, 11/15/09
  • Oil change and new battery at 165,509 miles, 11/22/09
Items I have done:

• New OEM 93-94 model 3 core radiator, 4 hoses between motor and radiator, T-stat, flushed system, and new green coolant at 170,122 miles, 5/22/10
  • Greased U-joints, added grease to knuckles (lithium-moly grease), checked front, rear diff fluid, seemed OK at 171,532 miles, 7/10/10
  • Oil change, Mobil 1 5W-40 TDT synthetic, OEM YZZD3 filter, check T-case fluid, OK at 171,928 miles, 7/23/10
  • Tires rotated and balanced at 172,844 miles, 8/20/10
  • New alternator w/1 yr warranty (Denso reman) from Auto Value at 173,335 miles, 9/8/10
  • Greased U-joints, added grease to knuckles, removed front sway bar at 173,883 miles, 9/26/10
The Bad, in no particular order:

• Antenna Mast does not work, so no radio
  • Rear passenger side window will roll down from driver controls, will not go back up with driver controls
  • Knuckles starting to leak just a little bit, visible grease/dirt mix build-up, do not know when the axle service was last performed. No birf soup mix in the the knuckles or interior axle gear oil though
  • Has audible ‘grrrrr’ noise in the drivetrain when letting off gas on flat grades or maintaining constant speed going down hills, have not diagnosed but searching here on MUD, it seems somewhat common with these vehicles. Thinking driveshaft related, possibly needs new U-joints. EDIT!!! REPLACED 3 OUT OF 4 SPIDERS AND NO NOISE AT ALL....SILKY SMOOOOOTH!!
  • Glove box catch is broke, it will flop open to the ground if you let it
  • No rear third seats (could be good for some)
  • One key
  • Leather seats are in less than fair condition, but not horrible. Passenger front is in worst shape, stitching is coming apart on seat.
  • Repainted at some point, no clear-coat was applied, starting to flake in a few spots
  • Passenger side rear quarter panel was taken off and put back on incorrectly, rear bumper tilted up a little
  • Battery does not have a tie-down bar on it
  • No maintenance records prior to July 2008
  • PHH needs doing, was on my list
  • One of the knobs on drivers seat controls is broken
  • D-light is out, as are 2 or 3 of the lights on the left hand side of the AC/heating controls
  • Drivers side sun visor is not original, but functional
I hate to get rid of it, it has been an awesome ride for the last 5 months. A lot of the ‘bad’ on the list is minor and cosmetic, but I have tried to list every little detail that is off from 100% fully functional that I can think of so there would be no questions later. The reason I am selling, I absolutely need a truck, so Taco D-cab here I come, if I can sell this. The vehicle spent its life up until May in Utah and California before that, according to the PO, I never did run a carfax, took him on his word. He did state that he was the 4th or 5th owner, making me the 5th or 6th. 95% rust free, for another few months…then Michigan’s heavy winter salting will take its toll. If you are still interested in the vehicle after reading all this, I can supply the VIN to you so you can check out the history. The only wheeling I have done with it is down 2 track roads, a little mud here and there, but nothing extreme. More pictures available upon request.

Asking $7500 OBO
Located in McMillan, MI (Upper Peninsula) 49853
IMG_2067 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Only a couple hour drive, too. But, alas, no money.

"Passenger side rear quarter panel was taken off and put back on incorrectly, rear bumper tilted up a little"

Do you have pics?

I will take some photos here in a few hrs and will post, but if you notice in the picture I do have up, see how the quarter-panel flare and door don't line up....that's what I'm talking about.

You'll have interior photos tomorrow morning....my conscious says I cannot take any of the inside of the truck until I clean it.

probably location. I think the price is right. If I had the $$$, I would have no problem with the price.

Thanks, I thought I was in the ballpark on the price. For location, airfare is cheap right now, right around $250 or less for a one way ticket from anywhere to the U.P. I could deliver to Marquette (Sawyer International Airport) which is about 100 miles from me. Fly in and drive it home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom