For Sale 88 Hilux Surf 2.4l Turbo Diesel 1st Gen 107k miles $18,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a rare and unique vehicle, it is in excellent mechanical and visual condition, everything works as it should, no rust, and only a handful of superficial scuffs. I just had the injection pump professionally rebuilt and calibrated, and dial gauge timed, so it's running smooth. The interior is in near perfect shape, the center console armrest is worn which is a normal wear point on these, I cracked the side of the plastic around the shifter and epoxied that back together, some of the plastic on the doors has a small amount of wear but other wise this thing looks like new. I'd turn the key and drive it anywhere right now, it's ready to go. I am the third user of this vehicle, and as far as I can tell it has never actually seen a jeep trail, the one owner in Japan appears to have used it very lightly, the second owner mostly kept it in a garage, and I've only taken it on a handful of light camping trips. This could be made in to a show car or even a museum piece with minimal effort. All updated parts have been OEM or sourced from the original Japanese Domestic part number whenever possible. Legally imported with all papers and a clean Texas title.

1988 Hilux Surf LN61V SSR Limited trim.
107469 miles
Color code 4E1=Light Topaz Metallic w/White FRP Top
5spd manual
2.4l 2LT Turbo Diesel

Some pics on Instagram
hiro (@surfhirohilux) • Instagram photos and videos

Here is the original for sale listing from the importer, with a list of some work done
For Sale - 88 Hilux Surf 2.4l Turbo Diesel 1st Gen 83k miles Atlanta GA

The second for sale listing from the guy I got it from
For Sale - 1988 Toyota Hilux Surf Import $15,500

Parts reference
ToyoDIY.com

Some of the things I've updated:
88603 Old man emu shocks, tow hitch

88716 Timing belt

96031 New A/C compressor and drier, New starter, Power steering pump rebuild, Replaced auto hub locks with manual

106440 Injection pump rebuilt by Central Motive

Some things the previous owner did:
82500 Front brake pads, air filter, new rear cylinders, new BF Goodrich KO2 All Terrain tires 31x10.5R15, rebuilt brake master cylinder with OEM Toyota kit, bled entire brake system

83388 Rebuilt clutch master cylinder with OEM Seiken kit, bled clutch master & installed OEM Toyota antenna mast

83526 Installed new OEM Toyota valve cover gasket along with 3 OEM Toyota cap seals, installed working used rear defrost switch
installed Timken front main crank seal

84491 Replaced water pump , AC Tensioner, new battery terminals, new alternator & brake lights replaced.

hiro-sale.jpg

hiro-desert.jpg

IMG_20180625_151346.jpg

IMG_20180626_083227.jpg

IMG_20180625_152649.jpg

Last edited:
Cool truck
What price you asking?
Does clock work?
Any other issues?
Why you selling after such short ownership?
Thanks
J

This is going to be auctioned on bringatrailer, they are asking me to take down any other ads during the auction but I can't find a delete button here, how do I take this down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom