88 BJ74 stock/ recomendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Landcruiser and Avery.jpg

Hey There just got myself a 1988 BJ74 Turbo Diesel. Exaust needs to be replaced from flange back, and need new tires, some insight on what to do for the exaust would be great and also for the tires. Suspension as well, just looking for info on how to make my new toy more capable.

thanks,
Matthttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151499686570461&set=t.614787430&type=3&theater
Landcruiser and Avery.jpg

Welcome. Use the search function. Jzilla just did a write up on exhaust from flange back, and I am doing the same. As for suspension and tires use the search function. Tons of options.

Search, search search.

With some 33 inch tyres and a 2-3 inch lift ,these make a great offroad vehicle that is still quite driveable on road.
Before you go spending money on suspension kits,you really need to get the brakes and steering into top condition.
You location will make a big difference on choice and price.

Your springs look as flat as the ones on my old 73 series when I 1st got it LOL I bet it bangs every time you hit a pot hole.:D

Nice! Damn BJ74's keep popping up all over the place..

Nice bj I just bought one two weeks ago and as roscofj73 said make sure the brakes an steering are in good cond. before you start upgrading everything which is what I'm doing at the moment I've got the whole front end out of mine also you might wanna take the bumper off an check the whinch mounting mine was rusted out pretty bad

awesome guys thanks for all the advice.

lol if by the bumper ya i do just saw a post on bumpers by another member and really liked what he did. any ideas for it??

Congrats on getting your BJ 74.

Last edited:
hey, i had a question. i'm looking at bringing a '91 bj70 back from cental america. i've already done it with an hj45. the bj is in great condition with only 140K miles on it. what do you think it would go for here in the states with title and alll that taken care of?

thanks

I have seen some guys doing that with ARB and stock winches but they have to modify the bumper,

todopijudo...
i think that the cruiser could sell for 8 to 13 depending on the condition saw one for sale that was listed for 16 but i think that the price may be a little high but not 100 % on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom