???

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Rotor, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Rotor

Rotor

Can anyone identify my engine model and capacity/power output?,engine # F566889 the chassis VIN is FJ40-185771 , the vin tag says the vehicle type is a FJ40-1VK ,it is left hand drive and came from France, [Im in the UK],I believe its a late `74, the valve cover is steel not ali, I thought it was a 2F as all the ignition parts for a 2F fit but I thought all 2F engines have a aluminum valve/rocker cover?
    Another point to mention is there is a large sticker on the valve/rocker cover which reads "F155" , [red letters on a white background].
    Thanks in advance.
    John

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    You got a F engine, according to number from the block.

love the sig line...

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    The models (at least on this side of the pond were: L (canvas top), L (topless), L V-A (hard top) and (L)V Hard Top. The (L)V was the righthand drive version of the hard top, LV-A the lefthand drive.

The Last 3 years of F engines over here (72-74) had the "155" rocker covers (at least, of the ones I've seen). That gives you 3878 cc displacement (237 cu in) and a compression ratio of 7.8:1. 155 HP at 4000 rpm (gross) and 138 HP @ 4000 rpm (net).

By your frame and engine numbers (from the SOR files) you have a 10/74.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.