For Sale '82 fj60 Cummins 6AT powered with nv4500 and soo much more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly, Thinking of selling my cummins 6at powered FJ60. Location is Bend Oregon I'm thinking $10k for an asking price. I'll try and get Pic's up soon or email me for a faster responce or call me @ 541 408 4721

What is has: SALE PENDING

Mods;
Diesel Conversion cummins/onan 6AT turbo, 1st generation NV 4500 5speed trany mated to stock FJ60 transfer case via Advanced adapters.
Geared with 5:29 Ring and Pinion
Suspention Lift is costom 3.5inches over stock (SUA) with Extended Anti Inversion shackles, U bolt skid plates,
Extended front shock towers with bilstine Gas shocks,
ARB snorkle provides fresh air from high above to the K&N Air Filter & intake box.
GOODYEAR MTR 33x12.5 tires keep it connected to the ground @50% or better.
ARB Front Bumper,
Lighting; Head lights are high output (4H) "off road only" Bulbs and housing by Rising Sun.
IPF dualstage Fog and Driving Lights,
OEM Toyota (4H) Flood lights Imported from japan.
Two, YellowTop batteries and one huge alternator keep things charged.
Hydro-Boost braking system stops the 5200lb rig on a dime when needed with sloted DBA rotors and Pads.
Front Seats are Recaro buckets from a bmw. Drivers side needs work.
Side Mirrors are manual FJ62 style.
Rear slider windows, tinted with screens from SOR
High voltage plug in, aux. water heater for cold weather starting. warms up the block in 10Min. Zero degree tested or better
Custom stereo, JM Focal Mid and Tweeters in front doors, Built in 8" sub in the back, drivers cargo area, 2AMPS, 6ix chanels
1200 watt power inverter under back seat
Tuffy Center console with two cup holders and keys

The bad news
paint is fading, now dull blue. some white showing on the roof
a little rust in the rear fender wells showing up. don't know how as i bought it in Az and now in central Oregon No Salt used
windshield has some spidering high up on the drivers side under sunvisor.
power steering box leaks but i do have a replacment box for it ready for install
tie rod ends need replacing and possibly the steering damper also.
A few SMALL dings in the body.

Last edited:
pics

more Pic's
DSCN3240.jpg

RUST PIC'S

Rust above the wheel wells but not too bad yet.
DSCN3233.jpg
DSCN3239.jpg

Interested

I'm a fellow Oregonian (from Hood River) and I'm interested in your rig. I'm driving up from CA in 2 weeks and would love to stop by to take a look (if its still available). Racks included? Rust on frame?

re

I'm a fellow Oregonian (from Hood River) and I'm interested in your rig. I'm driving up from CA in 2 weeks and would love to stop by to take a look (if its still available). Racks included? Rust on frame?

No rust on the frame. Give me a shout when your passing by. The racks are not included but I'm willing to work something out :hmm:

Bump for a great truck.

Re

Any serious hits on this?

I'm not surprised but is sure seems like we all are kind of broke..

Lots of interest, questions and phone calls but nothing solid yet. :meh:

Wanna sell both the Audi and the 60 and start on a new project as well as work on my 40 this summer while I still have the time. In hear ya on the Funds!

Wed. Bump

It's a Wednesday Bump.

I bought the motor by it's self but I beleave they were used in delivery vans and such

The 6AT was originally built by Onan as the L634T for old UPS delivery trucks. They are an indirect injection motor. Not the same powerhouse as a 6BT (dodge) but a nice little motor, easy to work on. It revs a bit higher then a 6BT, drives more like a 2F really. Getting parts is a breeze through Cummins West, but you have get a parts guy who isn't a nit-wit. I did this same swap a few years ago, except I used an H55F.

These motors are way way overbuilt.

i don't know much about the engine but it it similar to a 3B in the sense of being an industrial engine.
The 3b is a Hino engine that has removable sleeves and runs on timing gears. I am a bit curious.

The 6AT was originally built by Onan as the L634T for old UPS delivery trucks. They are an indirect injection motor. Not the same powerhouse as a 6BT (dodge) but a nice little motor, easy to work on. It revs a bit higher then a 6BT, drives more like a 2F really. Getting parts is a breeze through Cummins West, but you have get a parts guy who isn't a nit-wit. I did this same swap a few years ago, except I used an H55F.

These motors are way way overbuilt.

gifu, Thanks for the extra info.
You are correct, it's also redlines at 3600 I beleave. It's much smoother and quieter than a 4 or 6bt and is only 70lbs heaver than a 2F but pulls much better not to mention a big MPG improovment.

Ditto- delivery vans and some postal jeeps. Also the fixed rpm versions were utilized in many configurations such as gensets, compressors and pumps. About 10 years ago they were all kicked out of California as many good motors/vehicles are being banned if not retrofitted with particulate filter systems.

Thanks Kief. you got a spot free still for Mcgrew?

Sale Pending.

I don't know.. was thinking about running a second vehicle down to camp but I don't know if that will happen. Hope your sale goes through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom