Events/Trails 8/17 Day Trip - Helen and Anna Ruby Falls via GA Traverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
Anyone want to ride along? Headed to Helen for lunch and then up to visit Anna Ruby Falls. Tentative route is hardball (76) to Dillard, GA to pick up the GA Traverse route to Helen. Limited to 10 vehicles, please post headcount.

Leaving 0900 from Michelin in the vicinity shown below.
1565706568989.png

1) @Bryanseye (2)
2) Toyota Rob (2)
3) @Southeast Overland (2)
4) @mlcunningham
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Are all of the traverse roads open currently ?

Are all of the traverse roads open currently ?
The route we are taking is, which is a small but my favorite section. Dick Creek and Tray Mtn are still shut down which is a real bummer.

Will talk to the wife. Would be a good shake down for the 60 before next weekend. Would like to meet somewhere off 85 or 123 though since you are headed my way.

Will talk to the wife. Would be a good shake down for the 60 before next weekend. Would like to meet somewhere off 85 or 123 though since you are headed my way.
Probably taking 85 to the Westminster exit then 76 over the border. Probably be best to meet at same place as @Southeast Overland who is also being picked up along the way.

Was asked by a few last night with concerns over vehicle damage. This is not an offroad trail and there should be no issue. The route was chosen to combine the best chance of fun where 4wd might come into play, but also to take a stock Tundra along without issue. So, the plan is to spin a wheel or two, but no damage.

Plans don't matter to reality though. I can't guarantee anyone won't have damage from an off-camber ditch or tree that sticks out further than anticipated. From the times I have driven these roads, I would be more worried about damage on Woodruff Rd, but I understand the concern. Every Cruiser model is extremely capable even though things like ground clearance and approach/breakover/departure angles can affect any contact to what is also a sizable investment. Every experience and level of acceptable risk is different. I encourage everyone to start somewhere and you will find that the limits you set are much lower than your machine's.

Long story short, if you are nervous about taking your Cruiser offroad, this is a good trip, but there is never a guarantee.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this, however I recently moved to Atlanta and would have to meet you guys in Dillard. What time are you guys arriving there? I'm having a washing machine/dryer being delivered on Saturday, so trying to see if I can make it or not.

New to the group and interested in joining tomorrow. I'm in Anderson so I saw there is a meeting spot along 85? Thanks!
Awesome! Plan to meet in Westminster. Will have the exact meet spot today.

I'm very interested in this, however I recently moved to Atlanta and would have to meet you guys in Dillard. What time are you guys arriving there? I'm having a washing machine/dryer being delivered on Saturday, so trying to see if I can make it or not.
Ah the joys of home ownership. If we hit all the deadlines it will be around 11.

Let us know to be looking for you and plan to meet at the Marathon across from Betty's Creek Rd.

Awesome! Plan to meet in Westminster. Will have the exact meet spot today.

Ah the joys of home ownership. If we hit all the deadlines it will be around 11.

Let us know to be looking for you and plan to meet at the Marathon across from Betty's Creek Rd.

Gotcha, I'm supposed to receive a text message giving me a time window of when they will be delivered. Once I get that I'll be able to decide whether I can make it or not. Will post an update today!

I took zero pics on the trail. A little more road time than I would have liked but a fun route for a committed day. We had the Tundra, a built Sequoia, and 2 FJC’s. Great to hang with you @Southeast Overland and @mlcunningham

We need to do more of these, but hopefully with more notice than I afforded everyone.
E7604252-C95E-4A12-82F5-373896124C06.jpeg

0628B410-4E41-4618-BC11-8507F9ABF60C.jpeg

7D3DC52A-CD39-43F9-B4E4-190A61B4983B.jpeg

I tried to upload a couple of videos to the Facebook page but they aren't showing up yet. Maybe they have to be approved? They were too big to post here. Edit - I was able to post them as comments on the group picture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom