79 Series Instrument Cluster into 75 Series Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a newbie to this site, I've found this site very informative and helpful and I hope there is somebody that can help. I'm not sure if there is a similar thread.

I'm situated in Mozambique and currently busy with a 75 Series Troopy build, '98 model.

Will post some pics at a later stage.

I have an instrument cluster from a 79 Series Land Cruiser (same as pic below, not sure of the year model), and would like convert the existing 75 instrument cluster which is speedo cable driven to the more modern electronic speedo sensor. I have all the necessary info on the speedo transducer, but I need a 79 Series electrical wiring manual to be able to do this conversion.

I would gladly appreciate it if somebody can help me with the relevant info or even a pdf copy or link where I can download such a EWD manual. I do have a copy of the 1992 EWD manual though.

TLC HZJ79  instrument cluster diesel 1HZ 83800-6B450 13271.jpeg

TLC 83181-20040 - Speedo Transducer Sensor Landcruiser HZJ78 HZJ79  80 Series 8-92.jpg

The other reason I want to use this instrument cluster is to get rid of the auxiliary, sub fuel instrument console on the dash of the Troopy.

Many thanks in advance.

Not the same as a manual, but somone posted some pics of a 2004 79 gauge pin description which should match what you are working with:

Not the same as a manual, but somone posted some pics of a 2004 79 gauge pin description which should match what you are working with:

Thanks for the help Blomdala, definately something worth looking into.

As a newbie to this site, I've found this site very informative and helpful and I hope there is somebody that can help. I'm not sure if there is a similar thread.

I'm situated in Mozambique and currently busy with a 75 Series Troopy build, '98 model.

Will post some pics at a later stage.

I have an instrument cluster from a 79 Series Land Cruiser (same as pic below, not sure of the year model), and would like convert the existing 75 instrument cluster which is speedo cable driven to the more modern electronic speedo sensor. I have all the necessary info on the speedo transducer, but I need a 79 Series electrical wiring manual to be able to do this conversion.

I would gladly appreciate it if somebody can help me with the relevant info or even a pdf copy or link where I can download such a EWD manual. I do have a copy of the 1992 EWD manual though.

View attachment 2300635
View attachment 2300645

The other reason I want to use this instrument cluster is to get rid of the auxiliary, sub fuel instrument console on the dash of the Troopy.

Many thanks in advance.
Does your 75 gauge cluster have the tachometer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom