'79 BJ40 12V ; Glow Plug Relay/Wiring Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This could be a real noob question but wiring and electrical is a foreign language to me. I went to crank my land cruiser and held back the key to warm up the glow plugs. At first, a buzzing sound occurred then the whole vehicle went dead. I couldn't start it at all. The next day, I wiggled the harness down by the relay and it started right up. The next day, went to warm up the plugs and it clicked on when I turned the key backwards and then clicked off by itself with the key still turned backwards. Tried cranking it, and a click sound happened and I couldn't start the vehicle.
Like I said, electrical is not my strong suit. Is there a way to know or test if the Glow Plug Relay is working properly? Im thinking maybe there's an area in the harness itself that is causing the issue since I got it to start by moving wires around. Any help is greatly appreciated. Id really like to get this thing back out on the road.

_DSC2073-Edit.JPG

IMG_8053.JPG

This doesnt sound like a glow relay issue - this would not cause "the whole vehicle went dead", rather it sounds like a general electrical issue. Prime suspects being a flat battery, dirty battery terminals, dodgy fusible link.

This doesnt sound like a glow relay issue - this would not cause "the whole vehicle went dead", rather it sounds like a general electrical issue. Prime suspects being a flat battery, dirty battery terminals, dodgy fusible link.
Yeah Ive ruled out the relay. Definitely a wiring issue that I can't seem to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom