77 FJ40 De smog questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok fellow land cruiser owners. I live in Ohio & have removed the air pump which didn't work anyways. Is there a way I can delete the EGR valve? Also how many of the vacuum lines can I cap off? Any help is appreciated!!

Ok fellow land cruiser owners. I live in Ohio & have removed the air pump which didn't work anyways. Is there a way I can delete the EGR valve? Also how many of the vacuum lines can I cap off? Any help is appreciated!!

What year is your 40?

For late 2F's, there are some great de-smog threads in the 60-series sub-forum.

The short answer is, you can delete everything but these:

You can even delete the "computer", if you route 12v switched with the ignition to the fuel cut solenoid.

I think it should be a rite of passage for newbs to post links to the searches they have tried to show evidence of good faith.

What year is your 40?

For late 2F's, there are some great de-smog threads in the 60-series sub-forum.

The short answer is, you can delete everything but these:

You can even delete the "computer", if you route 12v switched with the ignition to the fuel cut solenoid.
Thank you

Check out post #4 here -> ( Desmog )

Check out this thread: 77 FJ40 - 2F Desmog

My '77 desmog went from this:
140311-11.JPG

To this:

IMG_1314.jpg

In the link that @iptman posted above, to @FJ40Jim 's desmog parts, his kit includes a plastic cover for that hole. Unfortunately, mine split and fell off after while. It's just open now; an extra source of air but still filtered by the air cleaner.

In the link that @iptman posted above, to @FJ40Jim 's desmog parts, his kit includes a plastic cover for that hole. Unfortunately, mine split and fell off after while. It's just open now; an extra source of air but still filtered by the air cleaner.

How do you figure that? If it's between the filter and the carb it is a filtered air SOURCE, not a filtered air inlet.

If your talking about the air pump port on the air cleaner assembly, that being open would be an unfiltered air source to the carb.

How do you figure that? If it's between the filter and the carb it is a filtered air SOURCE, not a filtered air inlet.

If your talking about the air pump port on the air cleaner assembly, that being open would be an unfiltered air source to the carb.

Uh, OK, I guess I'll have to go back and look more closely. I thought that the port comes in the air cleaner housing outside of the paper air cleaner, but it looks like you guys are right.

What year fj40 is it? Any interst in selling it? I'm interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom