73 FJ55 (body) for sale (LOTS of pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This truck used to be this truck:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=75455

At this point, I need to get away from Cruisers for a while. I've owned this truck for ten years but it hasn't been on the road since 2004 when I pulled the drivetrain. I really would perfer to sell it to someone who's not going to beat the s*** out of it. It may not be restoration material, but it's far from being ready to be scrapped!

BODY: In it's current state, the body is pretty good. It's saving grace was years ago someone tarred the undercarriage which kept it pretty clean. The pictures below are good indicators of what the rust looks like. There's a few spots where it has been tweeked over the years (front fender, driver's door and floor, quarters, which I never got around to chopping off like the rockers) and all bondo was applied by the PO. (I think I'm number four?)

FRAME: At some point in it's life, the truck was hit from the front and part of the frame buckled. It has provisions for a 350 swap and a scout PS box. The OE right rear engine mount was pushed into the frame, and the front spring hanger is buggered some. When I took it in a few years ago to be aligned I was told the left rail is 13mm shorter than the left. While the frame is usable it's not perfect.

SPRINGS: Built for my portal swap, good for a SPOA.

AXLES & TIRES: Tires are not included in the sale, and the axles are just there to roll it around on. As there are nuts missing from the front knuckles, and washers on the rear to clear the spring pins, there's not a chance in hell I would flat tow it.

Rear bumper is not included.

The truck is in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Price is $850, obo. PM me.

Pictures are in random order. Let me know if you want more info or pics.
4-15-07 078.jpg
4-15-07 081.jpg
4-15-07 040.jpg

Last edited:
bump for a very decent looking truck; a lot less rust than my project ; same problem here wish you were a lot closer to the southeast;

Lou

Acutally, I think I was pretty lucky to find such a truck here in Cheyenne. My other pig was a rust bucket, and the diesel isn't exactly pretty itself.

My next pig will be a rusty one, but I plan to chop the heck out of it. :grinpimp: (assuming I ever go through with it. :rolleyes:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom