craigslist 68 FJ for sale in Limerick, PA 21,900 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very high!

Any comments on the price based on the small bit of info in the ad?

Yeah, way too much money.
From the ad...
"This is for the person that has to have a toy to work on, but doesn't have the time for a complete restore."

If I were to spend $22K on a truck, I wouldn't expect to have to do any work on it besides maintenance.

Any rough price range guesses? I am going out to look at it tomorrow morning in the hopes that he'll negotiate a bit. The owner manages a car dealership so maybe the "start high and negotiate" thing is in his blood.

In these economic times he is lucky to see half his asking price. Especially without the hardtop. There are fully restored & complete cruisers for around that price or less.

Which one of you guys is going with me to talk to this guy tomorrow? :)

Any rough price range guesses? I am going out to look at it tomorrow morning in the hopes that he'll negotiate a bit. The owner manages a car dealership so maybe the "start high and negotiate" thing is in his blood.

Depends on what "mostly restored" means. It might be worthwhile to give him a call before looking at it. If he wants serious inquiries he needs a reality check on the price, especially with today's sour economy. Usually when you see a Cruiser listing that is asking that much coin, the owner gives much more detailed information about the vehicle's condition. If it has the drum brakes, original F engine and no hard top, I don't see anyone paying 10K or more for it.

Depends on what "mostly restored" means. It might be worthwhile to give him a call before looking at it. If he wants serious inquiries he needs a reality check on the price, especially with today's sour economy. Usually when you see a Cruiser listing that is asking that much coin, the owner gives much more detailed information about the vehicle's condition. If it has the drum brakes, original F engine and no hard top, I don't see anyone paying 10K or more for it.

I am going to be in the area tomorrow morning so it won't hurt to look. I am definitely going to be looking for the things you mentioned (brakes, F engine, etc) and we'll see what he has to say.

From the responses I've received to my "want to buy" thread, I'd say this guy better have something REAL special for that money.

X 10.

I took a look at this FJ this morning. It may not be worth 22k but it looked very nice. The body and paint were just about perfect. It did have the f engine/three speed/drum brakes and the only non-stock parts on the vehicle were a pair of fog lights, a beefier roll bar, and an extra set of support legs on the back seats.

If nothing else it definitely made me that much more anxious to pick up a cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom