'65 revival (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought this "pretty straight" 65 about 4 months ago. I've put new tie rods and ends on her, new brakes all the way around and started stockpiling pieces for a rebuild.
As of today, the hood, fenders, apron, front bib, and spare tire carrier are at the blaster to start removing the 3 layers of paint she has been wearing for some time.
I also have taken the top (fiberglass part) off and began the process of sanding and removing some bondo patches. I plan to have the inside of the top LineX'd and paint the outside. As for weatherstripping and seals for the top, what do you guys know? I figure I can make something work between the sides and tub, it's under the fiberglass that has me thinking. Need something for over the windshield and over the sides of the top.
Thanks guys!

Trying to get pics loaded now....

image.jpeg

2.5 years later update..... rebuilt 2F replaced the f, 4 speed swapped for the3 speed, everything has been taken down to metal, rust repaired, primed and painted. The puzzle is going back together!
I do have a couple questions:

Maybe a picture of the vertical weather strips installed for the bi fold door?
I have a top weatherstrip for a later hardtop that’s i am going to cut to fit for the corrugated top, removing the piece above the bifold door.
Also, reinstalling the fiberglass cap, should the weatherstrip start on the windshield or the top?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!!

Last edited:
I like the color.

interesting battery hold down.

I like the color.

interesting battery hold down.
Ha! Funny thing is it was a “PO mod” I lam going to leave it for a while until I can fab up a top. It’s the reminder of how I got her!!

Nice rebuild! For the vertical weatherstrips I recommend you go to City Racer LLC. They have it there and a diagram too.

Truck looks great! Keep it up!

There are those repro short running boards in Oz, if you needed them and were so inclined.

Interested in the short boards. These are diamond plate aluminum that I bedlinered and painted to match. I will certainly look into the Oz repro’s.

Working on the top cap. The driver side tub “lays out” away from center and putting the fiberglass cap on has become a challenge. Hoping the new body mount bushings help this.
Any suggestions on top install? I think I can get the cap on and then put the bi fold door in.

Could someone please post up pics of the bi fold doorfrom inside the truck? I’m trying to orient the “safety stays” that attach to the door hooks and help hold the door up. I’ve got mine, just need to install them correct before the fiberglass top goes back on.

Thanks in advance.

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom