60 Series door wire grommets/loom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All of the parts you seek are available through Toyota, however, they are all sold as integrated pieces of wiring harnesses, not as stand alone items.

The existing front door wire grommets with the bellows feature should stretch to accomodate your wiring but you might need to seal it with some silicone to address the gaps created around the additional wires.

The body panel plugs used on the underside of the body where it meets the chassis (sorry, best description I could think of) are still available and are the same size as the front door grommets. They can be adapted with some rubber wire pass through grommets and silicone to create grommets for your rear door situation.

Did this dance with the stereo install on our '60 and can walk you through it with pics if you need more info......just let me know

HTH,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I could use any info on front door speakers that you have. I've been reading posts about it here and on the 3fe list for a while.

I've located the bolt at the bottom of the window track that you can put a spacer on to get a bit more depth but I haven't tried it out yet.

It looks like one needs to go with 5-1/4" low profile speakers to make it work. I haven't picked any out yet. My main goal is to just get something that sounds good. If I get something that goes too loud I'll just make myself deaf. My main concerns with the door speakers are that they fit behind the stock grills on the door panel and that they be able to survie the dampness in the door itself.

I also have to figure out something for the rear speakers but they look a little easier to deal with. My stock grills are broken and beat up so I open to options. I also read about someone that build a sub into one the cargo area side panels. I like that idea.

I've posted a few pictures of a front speaker install here and i ran the wires -- fairly heafty gauge for front speaker...12 i think -- throught the grommets w/o any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom