56 buick anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am moving to Seattle in 2 weeks, and just got a place rented up there. It only has a two car garage, and I have decided I need to part with my 56 buick project.

The car is a 1956 buick special 4 door (no post, riviera model). I have already done lots too it. I stripped it down, primed it with dp90, bought new glass for the side windows (still in the box). and I installed a camaro subframe and LT1 engine/4l60e auto transmission. Well, the engine and tranny are sitting in it anyway, they need to be moved back about 6 inches, and hooked up.

Still to be done... needs a modern rear end under it (any 80s caprice works nicely), and if you want to put a modern column or whatever... or use the old one.

Anyway, it has all chrome, all bits. It was originaly a mesa AZ car, so the only rust is two small spots inthe lowers of hte rear doors (I havent addressed them, just stripped and reprimed for now).

Even have brand spankin new white walls.

I hate to let it go, but will just not have the time or the space to play with it.

will be posting it up on craigslist also, but wanted cruiserheads to get first shot at it.

here is a pic or two, plus a link that may or may not work to more details. priced to move.... $1500 cash.
my 56 buick special - THE H.A.M.B.

Brian
DSC00464.jpg
DSC02468.jpg

Man that will be a sweet ride one day. I have pictures of my dad and his Buick Special convertible from the early 50's. This is why I need a 8 car garage. Hope if finds a good home. Best of luck with your re-location.

Cheers,
Norm

I think we could all use the 8 car garage, but I fear that would just encourage us to own at least 9 cars!

No takers ont he buick, so I may have to have it shipped up there (the new company wil pay to ship it, so no biggie), but I just wont have room to work on it, so it will fill one bay of hte garage nad get boxes stacked on it for space. Wont get touched for at least a year or two or three...

Of course in three years my daughter will be 9, and we could finish it up over a couple years and have her driving it when she is 16 I guess.

If theyre paying shipping, maybe the best bet. Sounds like a great daughter/father project. My dad and I had a teen automotive project that brought us closer together and your 56 has alot of "cool" factor for a teen to get into.

Good luck on your new home and job!

Thanks. I will miss the Copper State Crew. I have been browsing but havnet located what seems like nearly as active group up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom