55 Suspension parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to line up some parts for a spring swap on the 55.

Got a set of 4" Alcan Springs for a 55, but need pretty much all the other bits.

Looking at the website, I see you all offer a "kit" that you put together for the 55 using some other springs, but I just need bushings and shackles and u-bolts.

I looked at the offerings for the 55 and see rubber bushings, and shackles (greasable and non-greasable), and was wondering will any of the poly offerings work with the stock size spring eyes, or are the 55 springs of some odd size?

What I'd like to get is a full set of poly bushings (24), greasable shackles (4) and spring pins (4) and a set of u-bolts (8) for a 1969 FJ55. Would you have anything that would fit that bill. I'd love to get anti-inversion shackles if that is possible, but if not, replacement style will work just fine.

Thanks,

Matthew

@cruiseroutfit just a tag to make sure you saw this. I called a little while back, but got directed to the site for exploration. I was hoping for a little more direction.

Sorry, I had not seen this.

All of our "bits" are shown here with the exception of the poly 55 spring bushings (SuperPro kits sold in sets of 12 or 24? They are blue and factory dims, I'll have to check quantity and price when I'm back at the shop)

55 factory spring/frame bushings are definitely different than 4x/6x. With our OME kits we provide poly OME bushings as we know the OD/ID. We would need to know what Alcan built on the diameter and width for your setup and see if we can build a bushing kit... the kit we provide with our full suspension likely wont work as its specific to the springs we use. In some cases OME sells the bushings kits in sets of 6 and you'll only need 4.

You can also use 6x Series front/rear shackles assuming you have the correct corresponding bushings in the springs and frame. We have rubber and poly available for the factory dimension 55 bushings.

Best bet would be to put a list of your parts needs together along with the exact dimensions of the bushings you need and email (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) so someone can look at it while at the shop. Thanks!

Awesome, I will measure the spring eyes and will email a list of what id like to get and see what you all can put together.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom