5.3/th350 torque converter dust shield? ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to bolt up the new turbo 350 dust shield I have earlier this week only to find it makes contact with the trans pan before it fully seats. 06 5.3/unknown year 350.

Anyone have a part number for one that fits by chance?

20180518_092820.jpg
20180509_223824.jpg

Thanks!

D

So after doing some reading I'm guessing i need the stocker cast alloy "K" case cover with the 6 bolts...

D

that cover looks exactly like my generic TH350 cover, only black (mine is chrome). I had fitment issues with the TH350/350 combo with it hitting just about everything. Once it did fit, one part was making contact with the torque converter.

If it can be bent a bit and fit, run with it I'd say. These are just cheap stamped steel units that probably has very little thought in making them "right".

Yeah, gonna look for the right one. The cast 6 bolt alloy cover is said to add some strength from what ive read.

20180608_111713.png

D

While you are at it get the rods that go from the cover to the motor mounts, the combo of the cover and the rods really stiffen it up.. over the years i have seen severl cracked t350 and t400 belhousings due to not using them gm put them there for a reason..

Sorry for the revival of this old thread... (at least i searched haha)

I am putting a similar combo into my 40 - 5.3 th350 and Atllas. I cannot find the proper K case cover or rods anywhere. Does anyone have a line on them? I would appreciate any and all info.

Late 80's early early 90's gm 4x4, the 700r4 cover should bolt to a turbo 350,. If you are looking a swapping an automatic into fj40 look at the 4.3 ls and 6l80 that came in the 2014 and newer trucks.. great combo and solves the length problem and good mpg..

I've also pulled K covers out of full sized vans - had a '93 with a 4.3/700r4 with a K cover. Don't remember it having the rods though.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom