4th of July Fireworks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0029cs.jpg

IMG_0038cs.jpg

IMG_0039cs.jpg

IMG_0042cs.jpg

IMG_0074cs.jpg

IMG_0077cs.jpg

Great shots, thanks for sharing

Those are great! What lens and setttings did you use?

Those are great! What lens and setttings did you use?

Camera gear and settings...

Canon 7D
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L
Gitzo GT5540LS Systematic 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod
Wimberley Gimbal Head
Remote Shutter Release

Camera was set to "Bulb"
Lens f/11 at 70mm
ISO 100
Focus just a tad shy of infinity
I always shoot in camera Raw

When you hear the lifting charge of a shell fire press and hold the remote shutter. The shell will rise and then burst. Wait for the burst to completely expand before releasing the shutter. Voila!

Gonna need to try that next year or hang out at Down Town Disney and practice. Thanks for sharing!

Wimberley Gimbal Head

This is a bad ass piece of equipment!! :)

I love the wimberley. I have a very nice Arca Swiss Ball Head that I paid a lot of money for, and I never use it, because the Wimberley is so nice.

It alows me to swivel the camera up, down, and side to side to any position, and when you let go it stays there. You don't even have to crank down the tension knobs. The key to that is the gimbal design, as opposed to the traditional ball head. You have to crank down on the tension knob to keep a ball head from flopping over when you let go of it, but not on the wimberley. If you set it up correctly, no matter what position you aim the camera it will stay put when you let go, amazing! Large lenses mounted on large cameras feel like they weigh almost nothing. It's the ultimate head for shooting surfing, smoooooth panning!

Camera gear and settings...

Canon 7D
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L
Gitzo GT5540LS Systematic 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod
Wimberley Gimbal Head
Remote Shutter Release

Camera was set to "Bulb"
Lens f/11 at 70mm
ISO 100
Focus just a tad shy of infinity
I always shoot in camera Raw

When you hear the lifting charge of a shell fire press and hold the remote shutter. The shell will rise and then burst. Wait for the burst to completely expand before releasing the shutter. Voila!

Nice set up! After lugging around my heavy Manfrotto tripod for the last few years I would love to have the Carbon fiber.

spectacular photos!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom