4BT ready to run.....almost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some pictures of my almost completed conversion. 4BT...Ranger III to stock tranny. Should be running in a week or two. :D

Mas :D

mas

fin

Is that a Cummins Re-con engine?

Very Nicccce :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Is that sucker a little skewed too one side?

Rob
www.raddcrusiers

They naturally do that, they are designed to lean a little to the left (if looking at that in the front. Lookin' good right-click save! I like your motor mount route, looks a lot like mine! I think his engine isn't recon, he cleaned it up though and repainted OEM Cummins tan!

[quote author=dieselcruiserhead link=board=12;threadid=9769;start=msg86877#msg86877 date=1073583608]
They naturally do that, they are designed to lean a little to the left (if looking at that in the front. Lookin' good right-click save! I like your motor mount route, looks a lot like mine! I think his engine isn't recon, he cleaned it up though and repainted OEM Cummins tan!
[/quote]

"They"- Is this 4BT specific or ??

That little badge on the front rocker cover looks an awful lot like the ones that I have seen when working on them, Cummins Re-con, factory remaunfactured engines...just wondering if he purchased this new from Cummins, or used from an implement parts dealer...

-Steve

It is 4BT specific. The application he got his out of, where mine came from, and where most of them come from are from the Cummins repower program for the Chevy P30 aluminum bread vans. Most of these had chevy 350 V8s in them but Cummins came out with a bolt in diesel conversion for them sometime starting in the mid 80s. Mine was done in '92. For some reason, the engine was designed to sit mounted 10-15 degrees off like that, the bolt pattern on the back (chevy) is rotated 10-15 degrees off as are the motor mounts. It is a little strange but if Cummins felt like it works then I'm sure it works...

Here's mine in my FJ55...
motor.jpg

Just curious as to what badge, I wonder if mine was a rebuilt unit... (?)

The CPL(control parts list)tag on the fuel pump side of the front cover, should say if it is a Re-Con engine. I just noticed the badge on the #1 rocker cover, that looks like it is a Re-con badge.

Good luck!

-Steve

The badge on the number 1 cover is a cummins recon badge. The alternator, fuel lines, and radiator hoses are now done. I am waiting for the new turbo and exhaust clamp....Then all that is left to do is build some exhaust and get the motor running. The clutch linkage is almost takin care of and the grill is back on. Throttle linkage was ordered today, should be here tomarrow. We are getting very close to hearing this thing run :D :D :D :D.

Very nice Job! you can see and hear mine run with an 18 inch exhaust on my site....
what alt are you going to run? my 65amp 12 SI wont run the taurus fan too. I want to run a cs-144 if the mount will...

it drives well with 4.56 gears, but i dont have an ebrake yet so i gotta hook that up

www.homepage.mac.com/ltalessi
Image-40F62F722A0D11D8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom