40 Series Speaker and Gauge Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

My father-in-law does metal art and has helped me make these products for my 1974 FJ40, so I thought I would offer them here. I found the high price and lack of options disheartening, so I designed my own.

First, are rear speaker mounts that fit 5.25" speakers in the back of the tub, this is similar to other designs on the market but allows you to choose which speakers you use, is made from heavier steel, and mounts differently.

Sold as a pair, they will ship primed, with 4.75" cutouts for the speaker with holes to mount to tub. I do not plan to drill holes for the speaker screws due to the varying speaker designs.

For reference, I used: JBL Club 5020 Speakers; DEI Boom Mat, 5.25, round slim, 050321; and RetroSound S-52G round speaker grills.

I wasn't planning to offer these to anyone when I made them, so I didn't get pictures before they were installed, if I sell any I'll post some additional photos of just the plates. Hopefully this gives you an idea of what to expect.

Secondly, is a gauge mounting plate that covers the factory radio cutout. It holds two 52mm gauges, and will ship primed. It measures roughly 7"x2.5".

This design is based on using Autometer Z-Series 52mm gauges. The mounting flange that secures these in place perfectly grabs the inner lip of the radio cutout, sandwiching the gauge, plate, and dash to hold it all in place. I'm not familiar how other gauges mount, but the Z-Series worked perfectly and (in my opinion) fit the look of the FJ40 well.

Cost for a pair of speaker plates is $55 shipped (CONUS).

Cost for a gauge plate is $25 shipped (CONUS).

Cost of speaker and gauge plates purchased together is $70 shipped (CONUS).

Please PM me for payment info (paypal).

I will initially limit the sales to ten of each in order get some feedback on the product. My father-in-law and I can make these fairly quickly, but our time is limited. Orders should definitely be filled within a week, but please be patient.

Disclaimer: These items were designed to fit my mostly stock May 1974 built FJ40. I believe they'll fit most other years but I've really only ever seen mine up close, so I have very limited reference for the year to year changes, so I make no guarantees of fitment. Minor grinding or cutting may be required to fit your specific setup.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about these. Thank you for checking these out!

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom