For Sale 3DPrinted : OEM Spec Radio Plate, Two Tone Print (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got mine in and it looks great!! The custom size to fit the hacked up dash cut out is perfect. Need to do some slight tweaking to the cut out due to unevenness of the hack job but this radio blank looks clean. Thanks again man!

25CDFA2D-C96F-4363-93A9-B4139116CF5D.jpeg

Good deal - even sat nicely below the ridge there. They do look a bit nicer than a jagged dash opening. 😆

Learning a bit more as we go, too, around fitting the, er, "custom" dashes. Working on a redo for @Igotmearedone by shifting some clips, which hopefully should help a bit for some installs.

I would like on for a stock 1975. I actually have an original plate, but I don’t want to damage it.

Good deal - even sat nicely below the ridge there. They do look a bit nicer than a jagged dash opening. 😆

Learning a bit more as we go, too, around fitting the, er, "custom" dashes. Working on a redo for @Igotmearedone by shifting some clips, which hopefully should help a bit for some installs.

6B1DF9EE-500D-4C1B-9DEF-961EEFD541F7.jpeg

It looks great! Can barely see the hack job behind it. The shifted clips covered up a pair of screw holes below the radio plate too. Thanks!

Sent you a message.

Just as a heads up - I think a few of the latest OEM-sized plates that shipped ended up missing a sizing tweak...but very minor, though. They should still fit fairly well, but they're 1.2mm narrower vertically than my final tweak, so the clips are not quite as "snug", but do still clip. It's more noticeable here as my dash is bare metal, as paint does take up a mm or two. A small bit of tape (like masking tape) on the dash lip should take up the gap...or if it's a problem, just DM me and we can work out a replacement if needed.

(And if it does clip in nicely, let me know too...good info to have. 🤔 )

Last edited:
Thought of this later today while driving - a little snippet of 1/2" shrink tubing is just enough to make it nice and snug, and the rubberized tabs make a nice fit as well. Just need to be light on the heat while shrinking it, as the legs are plas-tique.

Probably not a bad trick for fine tuning the fitment of the non-standard plates as well.

PXL_20210422_223210579.MP.jpg
PXL_20210422_225142818.MP.jpg

Here is your radio plate fitted in a FJ55

the other picture is the bigger hole in BJ42, 18,5x5,4 cm......

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6119.JPG

Bump to the top - low on time to print anything new, but wanted to post an update on some heat related quirks.

It seems fairly rare, as I've only had two reports, but if there's a hot enough day (and likely enough direct sunlight on the plate), the material can hit the re-melt ("glass") point and start to warp. Posting here as a heads up, as it's most likely the best method to catch those with plates at this juncture.

Again, it does seem fairly rare, but posting for transparency and information. I did play around a bit with some alternate materials for slightly higher temp resistance, so if you do run into it, just let me know. That material is a bit more finicky to print this type of shape (slower and somewhat less reliable), and does result in a slightly different finish, so they're not as "produceable", at least at the $25 mark.

Given the rarity, if you know you're going to be out and about on an abnormally hot/sunny day and the 40 will sit out in the sun for a while, it might be worthwhile to pop the plate out for that trip as well as another option.

Again - any issues, just drop a note and we'll get it sorted one way or another.

Hey yea it happened to mine! Remember you sent me 2 and this summer was over 118 😥 and took pics of the one in the dash and the other yhat was in storage. Yes heat makes them more fused together.
4319D08F-3A45-41F0-B36A-5CB7FEEBD5FE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom