3D Printed Rear Fender Flare End Caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed that without the running boards on my 80, the rear fender flares look like they're "incomplete". I was wondering if anyone has taken it upon themselves to 3D print a set of caps to make the fender flares extend down to the rockers. The idea I have is similar to what some of my fellow Third Gen 4Runner owners have done for their front fender flares. Check out the link below:

FS: 3d Printed SR5 Flare Caps $80 3rd gen - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I'd love to hear some feedback!

@bhicks Here is an idea for you.

This is something I can look into but not until after the holidays. No more projects until Christmas has passed. I got killed last year with orders. I have to be 100% focused on processing orders for the next two months.

Last edited:
Pics? The classified link didn't have anything. I'd like to see something for the front fenders too, mine look stumpy, naked and sad where I pulled my mud flaps off.

Pics? The classified link didn't have anything. I'd like to see something for the front fenders too, mine look stumpy, naked and sad where I pulled my mud flaps off.

Here is what they look like on the 4Runners. I was thinking of this for the rear, but I'm sure you could make them for the fronts too if you are looking to get rid of the mud flaps.

161634d1434309496-fs-3d-printed-sr5-flare-caps-%2480-3rd-gen-img_6743_531x768.jpg

will trade for 80 rear axle.

Quick question on these fender flare caps. Since a majority of our flares are painted, can these be painted to match? I think I read through your thread on T4R that you can prep and paint them just like factory flares. Just looking for some clarification. Thanks again!

And as far as the axle goes... does it have to be locking? I might be able to get you a 93 complete axle, non-locking.

im on the hunt for a full float locking.

as far as paint, that might be an option. is there a good source for color matching paint?

Those look pretty slick. Interested.

Id love to put these on my truck. It looks so unfinished with the running boards off and nothing there.

In! I'll be removing my running boards and building sliders soon...

This is something I can look into but not until after the holidays. No more projects until Christmas has passed. I got killed last year with orders. I have to be 100% focused on processing orders for the next two months.
What printed are you using ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom