3B Stock tacho not working, and wiring issue (photos) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could swear that on my manual I see the tachometer sending unit attached to the pump...
I'm assuming the sensor on the bellhousing that reads from the flywheel teeth.
sensor.PNG

Last edited:
Just got a tachometer sending unit from partsourq.net. Only place I could find one.
$27.00 I think is what I paid.

The B series sender has been NLA for quite a while, and the H version is considerably more expensive than $27 and won't fit.
Well it’s the 3 B version not an H version

Later model to suit alloy BH versions (does not suit a 3B BJ42):

(YMMV if you use this PN without checking for your model)

1627398979769.png

1627398997347.png

Correct I have the aluminum bell housing.
yep that’s the one, got it from magazip.net actually.

yes I have an 1981 3B with a aluminum bell housing. And it did say for FJ60/ HJ60.

I payed a lot less then that, ordered 2/15/2021. check my parts log and it was more the $27.00 with freight 90.50 USD. It was shipped out of a ware house in Russia.

Last edited:
Correct I have the aluminum bell housing.
yep that’s the one, got it from magazip.net actually.

yes I have an 1981 3B with a aluminum bell housing. And it did say for FJ60/ HJ60.

I payed a lot less then that, ordered 2/15/2021. check my parts log and it was more the $27.00 with freight 90.50 USD. It was shipped out of a ware house in Russia.
1627431326991.png

That's odd, the long ones were well over USD100 last time I checked Amayama/Partsouq which was at least a year ago when I was looking for the short ones. Maybe megazip hadn't updated their price.

View attachment 2743348

That's odd, the long ones were well over USD100 last time I checked Amayama/Partsouq which was at least a year ago when I was looking for the short ones. Maybe megazip hadn't updated their price.
When I ordered it, they showed it in the Japan and at a Russian ware house, the Russian one was cheaper.
iv gotten several items from the Russian warehouse when available and usually at a cheaper price.

what’s the difference between the cast iron and aluminum bell housing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom