35x12.5OR17LT tires for snow and ice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
be gentle with me. I am new, and uneducated on tires and Jeeps. I just bought my 08 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 35inch AT tires. I live at the very top of a sketchy mountain road in a snow belt of PNW. Getting up is never a problem. and really, snow is not a problem... It is getting down on thick sheets of ice during certain times of the year that worry me. How are these tires going to do on ice? I am not asking for any off-roading purposes. Just want to get some input on how these tires will do or if anyone has experience similar? would it be wise to invest in some studded tires?

Thanks in advance!

AT on ice wont do great....
Siping them tires will make it better (mor bite) to handle snow and ice....
Depending on how much of a drive on that mountain road.. I would suggest chains before studded tires...

AT on ice wont do great....
Siping them tires will make it better (mor bite) to handle snow and ice....
Depending on how much of a drive on that mountain road.. I would suggest chains before studded tires...
Thank you. I was just told the same thing by a coworker. cheaper too! and can use them when I need them.

I have had good luck with the Cooper AT3's 4S tires in winter. Not the greatest for off road in rocks but good hiway winter tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom