3.7.0 bugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed one for-sure bug in the new forum that drives me a little crazy. I'm a big user of key commands - control i on my keyboard places the italics code in, control b gives me bold, etc.

Those seem to be working some times and sometimes they're not. I've also had an issue where I've tried to click on emoticons to insert the code into a post and they didn't work - like, for instance, right now...none of the above features work for me.

I'm using OSX and running the most recent version of Firefox.

using the newest version of Firefox I am not able to post attachments and such in posts...I have to go into IExplorer and do all my photo there....and often the picture does not go through good on upload or when viewing and distorts or only loads a portion of the image....until I shut down and bring it up again.

Only other thing I have noticed is a need to refresh many times during page changes as I will get HTML code on screen....until I refresh again.

Thanks...

I'm with swankles on the bug about javascript grabbing hotkeys. It almost never works for me on the quick reply and only sometimes works on advanced (but not WYSIWYG)

Everytime I click to a new page I am automatically dropped all the way to the very bottom. Not a big deal but annoying to have to scroll all the way up every page- and it takes away all of the cool surprises awaiting me.

Everytime I click to a new page I am automatically dropped all the way to the very bottom. Not a big deal but annoying to have to scroll all the way up every page- and it takes away all of the cool surprises awaiting me.

I'm getting the same problem too and the whole site is slower than molasses as of late.

same bug for me with the scrolling...looks like the next RC release of this version will have it cured tho...

the 'autoscroll' problem has been identified and the problem removed....thanks for the catch!

I have found the fix to the bold/italic/underline key listener problem :rolleyes: :lol: (yeah, it was bugging me that much)

In the file https://forum.ih8mud.com/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js there is a function prototype which is used to catch the keypresses on the editor window:
Code:
vB_Text_Editor_Events.prototype.editdoc_onkeypress=function(C){
	if(!C){
		C=window.event
	}
	if(C.ctrlKey){
		[b][color=red]if(vB_Editor[this.editorid].allowbasicbbcode==false){[/color][/b]
			return
		}
		var A=C.charCode?C.charCode:C.keyCode;
		var B;
		switch(String.fromCharCode(A).toLowerCase()){
			case"b":B="bold";
			break;
			case"i":B="italic";
			break;
			case"u":B="underline";
			break;
			default:return
		}
		C=do_an_e(C);
		vB_Editor[this.editorid].apply_format(B,false,null);
		return false
	}
	else{
		if(C.keyCode==9){
			var D=fetch_object("rb_iconid_0");
			if(D!=null){
				D.focus()
			}
			else{
				if(fetch_object(this.editorid+"_save")!=null&&!is_opera){
					fetch_object(this.editorid+"_save").focus()
				}
				else{
					if(fetch_object("qr_submit")!=null&&!is_opera){
						fetch_object("qr_submit").focus()
					}
					else{
						return
					}
				}
			}
			C=do_an_e(C)
		}
	}
};
(Offending line highlighted red)

The allowbasicbbcode variable is new to vB 3.7.0 and is set in the following function:
Code:
this.init_command_button=function(obj){
	obj.cmd=obj.id.substr(obj.id.indexOf("_cmd_")+5);
	obj.editorid=this.editorid;
	this.buttons[obj.cmd]=obj;
	if(obj.cmd=="switchmode"){
		if(AJAX_Compatible){
			obj.state=this.wysiwyg_mode?true:false;
			this.set_control_style(obj,"button",this.wysiwyg_mode?"selected":"normal")
		}
		else{
			obj.parentNode.removeChild(obj)
		}
	}
	else{
		obj.state=false;
		obj.mode="normal";
		[b][color=red]if(obj.cmd=="bold"||obj.cmd=="italic"||obj.cmd=="underline"){
			this.allowbasicbbcode=true
		}[/color][/b]
	}
	obj.onclick=obj.onmousedown=obj.onmouseover=obj.onmouseout=vB_Text_Editor_Events.prototype.command_button_onmouseevent
};
The problem is that init_command_button() is called only when the B/I/U buttons (the ones you click in the advanced editor) are actually present, which they aren't on the quick reply box on regular pages (obviously). This means that allowbasicbbcode never gets set to true (even though mud always allows basic BB code) so the browser never inserts the event listener.

The fix is to add a check to the conditional statement in the eventlistener prototype editdoc_onkeypress(). Essentially you need to add a check to ensure that the 'editorid' doesn't match that of the quickreply editor (the advanced editor's ID is always vB_Editor_001 and the quickreply's is always vB_Editor_QR)

SO, (phew) the fix is to change the line
Code:
[color=red]if(vB_Editor[this.editorid].allowbasicbbcode==false){[/color]
to
Code:
[color=red]if(vB_Editor[this.editorid].allowbasicbbcode==false[/color][color=lime] && (this.editorid != 'vB_Editor_QR' || this.editorid != 'vB_Editor_QE_1_editor')[/color][color=red]){[/color]
in the file https://forum.ih8mud.com/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js

Viola, your quick edit control key listener will work again.

Woody, if you are not comfortable with making this change on the server (IE you'd rather wait until vB pushes the next RC) I can write a realllllly simple greasemonkey script that firefox users can install which will fix this problem.

-----Nate

Last edited:
When I check my PMs there's a new list of features that pops up when I have a 'personal visitor message' or something similar. Several times it has alerted that I have one of these new types of message and when the pop up list opens it shows one, I slide down to it and let go and get the error below. Immediately after, when I click on the same words "Private Messages" this list of features does not pop up, and it merely takes me to my PMs as it has for years. So. I assume people are leaving me these personal visitor messages or somesuch and the system keeps thinking that I have read them. I can also find no other way to look at these personal visitor messages as the list is apparently unavailable to the user when there is no unread one. So, I guess I don't understand the whole concept.

I am an Apple user, btw (Safari).

Safari can’t open the page “https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/idahodoug.html”. The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom