3.4 timing belt kit source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

My daughters 1997 4runner has a bad oil leak from the front crank seal. It’s also been 80k since the timing belt was replaced.

Who is the go to source for a oem kit? I looked in the vendor area and didn’t see any.

thanks,
Joe

I recently bought a complete kit from an eBay seller aircabinman. 3.4L/V6 Complete Timing Belt Water Pump Kit with genuine Thermostat + Hyd Tens.

Sorry, I couldn't send a link. All OEM parts.

hi, aztoyman,
I did see mention of him. I wasn’t sure it was safe ordering from eBay.
I hear of so many counterfeit parts being sold there.

Were you convinced the parts were real Toyota parts?

Thanks,
Joe

They "looked" legit. So actually a mix of DENSO, AISIN, KOYO, NSK, Mitsubishi timing belt I think, Bando belts which were all made in U.S.A. None of the parts looked cheap. I guess it's up to you whether you want to risk it. He has good reviews.

I have received what I think were counterfeit Toyota knock sensors and I couldn't tell except they didn't work. I got my money back and bought from a Toyota dealership online. Not this seller

I called NGK once to check authenticity of sparkplugs because of so many counterfeits. The pirates even figured out they have to put batch numbers on to look more real. The ones I bought had authentic batch numbers.

I just looked again and he's sold 3,681 of these kits. 99.7% positive feedback. He answered my questions and even substituted a shorter alternator belt for me because of my engine swap.

They "looked" legit. So actually a mix of DENSO, AISIN, KOYO, NSK, Mitsubishi timing belt I think, Bando belts which were all made in U.S.A. None of the parts looked cheap. I guess it's up to you whether you want to risk it. He has good reviews.

I have received what I think were counterfeit Toyota knock sensors and I couldn't tell except they didn't work. I got my money back and bought from a Toyota dealership online. Not this seller

I called NGK once to check authenticity of sparkplugs because of so many counterfeits. The pirates even figured out they have to put batch numbers on to look more real. The ones I bought had authentic batch numbers.
Thanks, it’s crazy that we can’t trust anything anymore. I watched a video by a ford tech showing the difference in packaging between the real ford stuff and the fakes. it was small differences in many cases. If you didn’t have the real thing next to the fake it would be hard to tell If you don’t work with them all the time.
But with near 4000 sold and 99.7% happy it sounds pretty safe.

thanks for your help.

Joe

i would go with the aisin kit off of rockauto, their the oe supplier for toyota. theres also a skf kit that has the seals, they are solid aftermarket supplier
Thank you bigredmachine, I wasn’t aware rock auto sold oem parts. I will look into them.

thanks,
Joe

Thank you bigredmachine, I wasn’t aware rock auto sold oem parts. I will look into them.

thanks,
Joe
they dont sell oem in that there will not be any markings from toyota on it and the part number will not match the corresponding toyota number, but they do have items from oe suppliers. ive bought plenty of parts through them and havent had an issue.

they dont sell oem in that there will not be any markings from toyota on it and the part number will not match the corresponding toyota number, but they do have items from oe suppliers. ive bought plenty of parts through them and havent had an issue.
Got ya,

I understand what you mean.
I have bought many parts there too.

thanks,
Joe

Rock Auto often does publish the OEM part numbers - especially on oxygen sensors. You have to click the 'info' (or whatever it's called).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom