2uz-fe coolant on spark plug tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just bought 2001 toyota sequoia 218k miles did spark plug change and saw residual coolant droplets on cylinder 7 spark plug tube, oil looks good, doesnt overheat, has cylinder 7 and cylinder 5 misfire (adjacent cylinders), ignition coils are tested good, no external leaks anywhere, i know a head gasket isnt common for these or cracked head.... also throwing codes for 3 o2 sensors and catalytic converter? any suggestions get this thing to stop misfiring

Before you go doing the “toss new parts“ boogie, post over to the 100 platform guys - get more eyeballs there most likely, same motor in the platforms.

It’s what I’d do - and why sometimes I ‘stink up’ the 200 guys with my 5.7/3UR -talk. :cool:

I know the timing chain motors, not qualified to comment to your 2UZ issue - but here’s the ”low hanging fruit” though:

Since you swapped coils position, and from the way I read the post, the coils aren’t the issue but you toss code for 5&7 with swapped coils too - how are the knock sensors tied / dedicated cylinders in a 2UZ?

If you swapped a knock sensor (assuming 2/bank 4/total - yes?) - theoretic / full guess here - there’s a 6/8 knock sensor that is identical to swap with?

-So-
If you can, swap your 5/7 knock sensor for the 6/8 knock sensor, see if you constantly toss the 6/8 code???

As to the coolant - any chance it’s just condensate since you live where ice is a common thing right now?

I don’t want to be condescending but since you’re a new guy, IDK your level of mechanical experience.

If you know all about condensate in a crankcase, great - alot of people don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom