2nd Row Bed Platform Hanging from Grab Handles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntk

Threads
I'm planning to rebuild my camping platform for my 100 series. One of the things that has always been a hassle is that the part of the platform that sits over the second row seats is always angled down slightly and makes it difficult to remove things from the second row floor. I store this part on top of the 3rd row/cargo area drawers when it's not in use, so I don't have the desire or space to add legs that sit on the floor.

I came across this system for a 200 series that hangs the 2nd row platform from the grab handles, keeping it level and giving more room on the floor for gear. Does anyone know the load rating for the grab handles in a 100 series? Does anyone see any potential issues with a set up like this?

Screenshot_20200407-163446.png

I have a similar set up as you do in my 80 Series. I use ratchet straps instead of ropes. I've been doing this for years. The load is as close to the bolt into the pillar as possible. Your entire weight when laying down isn't on that portion of the board. So maybe at the most there is 50 lbs of load split between 2 connecting points. I have my 50 lb dog and my upper body on that portion of the platform that the straps hold up.

I don't see any problem at all. Nice set up.

I have a similar set up as you do in my 80 Series. I use ratchet straps instead of ropes. I've been doing this for years. The load is as close to the bolt into the pillar as possible. Your entire weight when laying down isn't on that portion of the board. So maybe at the most there is 50 lbs of load split between 2 connecting points. I have my 50 lb dog and my upper body on that portion of the platform that the straps hold up.

I don't see any problem at all. Nice set up.

That's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom