2lte glow plug relay location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I'm pretty new to diesel and to surfs. I have a 92 surf 2lte. I have the engine repair manual but it doesn't specify where the relays are. I am trying to troubleshoot why it doesn't seem to want to start. Takes forever and seems it only starts when I pump the pedal. Regardless of the temperature outside. As far as I know everything is stock right down to the head. I've replaced the glow plugs last year and installed an inline coolant heater as I live in Canada and it still seems I have to glow plug a few times before it fires up and still got to pump the pedal. So I want to test the relays and associated components but have no clue where they are and having trouble finding info on where they are. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all. I'm pretty new to diesel and to surfs. I have a 92 surf 2lte. I have the engine repair manual but it doesn't specify where the relays are. I am trying to troubleshoot why it doesn't seem to want to start. Takes forever and seems it only starts when I pump the pedal. Regardless of the temperature outside. As far as I know everything is stock right down to the head. I've replaced the glow plugs last year and installed an inline coolant heater as I live in Canada and it still seems I have to glow plug a few times before it fires up and still got to pump the pedal. So I want to test the relays and associated components but have no clue where they are and having trouble finding info on where they are. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Left rear side of engine bay, near the power steering reservoir (in my right hand drive '92 2LTE Surf). They're both in this photo, right in the corner of the engine bay, but just to confuse you, that's not the original location of either or of the power steering reservoir haha 😈 However you should find them not far from here. I've had to tuck all these things back into that corner to make room for a water to air intercooler.

My truck used to start immediately every time but after replacing the head an a non-OEM version it now needs a glow timer that runs the plugs for 10 seconds before starting then pulses for another 10 or so seconds after starting. Even so, it's still not quite as good as it was. Had I known, I would have forked out for a genuine head.

Best of luck.

tempImageg9xbOD.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom