2L-T Injection Pump rebuild kit in Ontario (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I may need to rebuild the injection pump on my 1987 LJ70. Is there anywhere near Cambridge, Ontario that I would be able to get a rebuild kit asap? I am going to be on ship for 28 days starting Wednesday. I know this is short notice, but if I could get the kit before that I can rebuild the pump while I'm away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You wont know what it needs until it's dismantled.

Those Denso pumps are really pretty simple to 'reseal' if you are noticing leaking from the top cover/throttle assembly. The gaskets are all available. I bought a mix of Bosch and Toyota parts to reseal mine and this kit is cheap and has everything you need.

Bosch Diesel Fuel Pump Overhaul Seal Kit

A shop should replace all those seals, verify the timing, make sure the adjustment screws are set to factory spec and overhaul the injectors at the same time.

If it has an ACSD on the side of the pump, it is a common leak point and worth deleting.

A shop should replace all those seals, verify the timing, make sure the adjustment screws are set to factory spec and overhaul the injectors at the same time.

I used this kit this summer. Toyota garage said theres no specific kit offered by Toyota but injection shop was happy with the bosch one. Separate u need to order the pump axle seal, it doesn't come with this kit. had injectors nozzles replaced as well. car runs better now, lower egt.
I have the 1986, earlier 2lt engine.

I used this kit this summer. Toyota garage said theres no specific kit offered by Toyota but injection shop was happy with the bosch one. Separate u need to order the pump axle seal, it doesn't come with this kit. had injectors nozzles replaced as well. car runs better now, lower egt.
I have the 1986, earlier 2lt engine.

Hello,

x2.

Make sure they do not fool around with the fuel adjustment. Some mechanics are bound to think that more fuel is better, regardless of factory specification.

Juan

I am looking for a fully rebuilt kit for my 2LT OEM 22100-54660 or a kit at the very least.
In the end my injection pump was fine. I did end up ordering a reseal kit from roughtrax4x4.com for about £20. If you are willing to do it yourself or know someone who is, that might be a good route.

Thanks, @ednielsen really appreciate it. I agree with you, rebuilding the pump with new seals. Also ordered from RoughTrax. After a complete engine rebuilt and so on.... Now need to address this small leak. The leak is just 1 drop here and there while the engine is running. Looks to be coming from the bottom part of where there 2 hex screws.

Thanks, @ednielsen really appreciate it. I agree with you, rebuilding the pump with new seals. Also ordered from RoughTrax. After a complete engine rebuilt and so on.... Now need to address this small leak. The leak is just 1 drop here and there while the engine is running. Looks to be coming from the bottom part of where there 2 hex screws.
Have you checked the top of your tank? I had cracked lines coming from the tank. Brazed them and it made a world of difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom