2H Superglow Glow plug problem -6 good plugs yesterday- 6 burned out today-1 melted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wilson switch. Far less failure points. Or get a deep frier propane burner to boil water.😁
LOL I never heard of that trick until finding this thread. I am sitting on the fence with the wilson switch. Logically, makes sense, too much sense actually, as opposed to making a 39 year old piece of technology keep working. I do feel a little committed picking up the new relay and a back up timer though. If it's not too much trouble I'd like to keep it going, but I'm also at the point if I burn another set of glow plugs I'm gonna take the whole superglow system and chuck it in the deep frier!

Interesting... does this replace the whole superglow system? Bypasses the timer and relays?
It controls a single relay and creates an after glow by pulsing the same relay. Both stages are fully adjustable.

4 Years later and my "wiggled" relay is still working. I had loosened the contact studs, moved them around and re-tightened to the same spot. (if you crank them down, the relay won't work at all.) Seems that there was a contact sticking, and the wiggle cleaned it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom