2H Injector Help... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope some one can shed some light on this for me.
(I posted this over in Diesel Tech but no response yet. I hope you guys can help)

I have a FSM manual but it doesn't really say anything in detail about the injector seats.

I got my injectors rebuilt and the Injection Shop supplied me with small concave steel washers and some copper washers.

I removed my old injectors and the small conical washers are stuck in and there was no thin copper washer, just a large brass washer/seat.

The copper washer the injection shop supplied me is 1/2 as thin at the "brass looking" washer/seat that was is in my 2H.

Can some one please have a look and tell me what is what here?
Do I use the new copper seat or ditch it and just use the existing "brass looking" seat?

IMG_0501_zps4fbb39b2.jpeg

IMG_0502_zps47b82593.jpeg

Thanks

Mike

Just a quick update... The thin copper washers are wrong!

I went to the Injection Shop this afternoon to ask them about it. They said they thats what they normally supplied for "similar" injectors.
The one Tech there eventually knew what I was talking about and found some "thicker" brass washers in their Toyota bins.
I guess 2H injectors don't come in there too often. Good guys... good service just a bit of confusion. They said I should have brought in all the parts/washers for them to match up properly... all good now!

Got the engine running today but it turns out I have low compression in Cyl 6. (closest to the fire wall) Looks like a rebuild or a good used engine is in order! :meh:

~100psi... and it bleeds off right away.

Did a leak down test today to see if it was a valves.
A little bit of air leaked through the exhaust valve but most leaked past the piston.
You can feel a lot of air out the oil filler cap and the dip stick tube. I suspect its the rings or crack piston.... or something like that.

The 2H engine had ~340,00KM's on it.

Time for a rebuild or an engine swap. :frown:

Sorry to hear about your engine - have you located a donor/plan of action?

I would pull the piston and check it out it may be a stuck ring or a cracked ring easy fix and cheap as long as the other cylinder are still on the high side.

I did a leak down test and it appears to be pretty catastrophic.
Since it’s a DD and a I wheel it to remote places I’m not to sort of person to do a one cyl fix.
I’d never feel comfortable wheeling it.

Finding a new 2H has proven to be very difficult. Either people want A LOT of money for a high mileage engine or not able to provide compression numbers.

My engine is pulled and I will be selling it as a core.
The fuel system works great. it would be worth the money alone.
I guess someone could “fix” the dead cyl if they wanted. The rest of the cyl’s have good compression.

I beleive the engine has 340,000KM's on it.

I know of a guy in smithers who has a complete running truck for about 1500....
I can put you guys in contact...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom