SOLD 2F engine for rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2F complete engine core for rebuild. Serial number on the block points to early 1978. Bare minimum needs a ring/valve job; I haven't opened up the bottom end but its not worth it for me to rebuild. PM me if you're interested and I can send you some pics. Make offer.

Do you have a rough idea how much you need to get for it all?

Ijonessp, would you be willing to separate? Can you post a pic of the carb? looking for a Cali/smog 2F carb
Make sure you get the right carb, there are at least 5 different 2F carbs for CA depending on the year.

Make sure you get the right carb, there are at least 5 different 2F carbs for CA depending on the year.
Hey orangefj45, thanks for the heads up! I’m learn something new every day about these trucks. I hate to hijack this post, but my mechanic is trying to get my fj to “pass” Ca. Smog test, and he’s says it’s running Very rich. My question to you is, if he can’t lean it out, would a good quality tear down/boil/rebuild help this carb, or will I be on the hunt for a November 78 unicorn (carb)?. Also, what are the critical identifiers when trying to match a good replacement? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed! Happy New Year!
Mark

Hey orangefj45, thanks for the heads up! I’m learn something new every day about these trucks. I hate to hijack this post, but my mechanic is trying to get my fj to “pass” Ca. Smog test, and he’s says it’s running Very rich. My question to you is, if he can’t lean it out, would a good quality tear down/boil/rebuild help this carb, or will I be on the hunt for a November 78 unicorn (carb)?. Also, what are the critical identifiers when trying to match a good replacement? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed! Happy New Year!
Mark
Send your carb to Marlin. Feel free to message me for more info.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom