285 spare tire on gen 1 sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the question says-

If you dont have a swing out rear bumper, there's only a couple of options. Either carry it inside or on top of the roof. How are you guys carrying it when out exploring/overlanding?
Does 285 fit in the spare location?
Thx in advance.

20211021_150916_HDR.jpg

Did you have to air down?
Will KO2 AT fit i wonder?

I've managed to stuff a deflated 295/75r16 under there, but it rubs the panhard bar a bit. Rubs just enough to make it sound like an 80's Cadillac with bad shocks/springs. Is there a spare tire carrier mod for the 1st gen Sequoia?

I've managed to stuff a deflated 295/75r16 under there, but it rubs the panhard bar a bit. Rubs just enough to make it sound like an 80's Cadillac with bad shocks/springs. Is there a spare tire carrier mod for the 1st gen Sequoia?
Here you go. Rigid Armor. $550
20220925_115105_HDR.jpg

I’m a bit leery of the hitch mounted carrier options. I was following a tacoma with one off Gemini bridges. He hit a bump a bit wrong and his failed catastrophically, swinging his tire through the rear tailgate. It wasn’t pretty.

Must be a crappy Amazon tire carrier. All US made carriers like the Wilco, Rigd, Rigid Armor are all trail tested. I use mine on Corral Hollow, big bear, death Valley-Saline, Lippincott Pass, Mengal pass and various Mojave trails with my Sequioa and my carrier without issue. Those 3 mfg listed post their product doing trails on youtube.
I have rear lockers by the way😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom