2022 gx 460 victory blitz install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you wire the winch on/off switch to your switchpro? If so, how?
No, winch is wired to the battery. The solenoid on the come up seal gen 2 has a secondary on/off switch to prevent battery drain, I mounted it so that I can access it and the plug for the remote through the hole in the beauty cover that the hood latch goes through

Pictures for clarity.

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
So bigger job than I expected, but I think it came out well. Took basically two full days to do while trying to be careful.

Few issues -- the measure and cut instructions were not super accurate. I needed to spend some quality time (probably 4 hours) with a flap disc to make things fit. The frame tie in brackets had the wrong size hole. I have a die grinder and can fix the issue, but waiting to see if victory will just remake the brackets.

View attachment 3321520

PSA: connect your winch ground BEFORE putting on the bumper. On the come up seal slim 9.5 I used, the ground stud is on the bottom of the winch. It was a pain to get to after everything was mounted up.

View attachment 3321521

Slice off the welds on the parking sensors to remove the bracket. These then get glued into the victory bumper. I used loctite stick and seal.
View attachment 3321522

Also, since we were trashing the lower grill.... I decided to cut it apart to make a fill piece. Victory doesn't provide one, and on a white car, the gap between the black bumper, white paint and chrome trim looked bad. If you had a black car you could get away without doing this. See the detail below. It has a clip but I used more stick and seal to ensure a rattle free attachment.

View attachment 3321525

Sorry, the car is covered in plastic dust, I'll post some post wash pictures later.
You have done a really nice job. I think the Victory unit is the best option. In looking at the photo with the grill removed, I couldn’t help wonder how all this stuff affects the airflow for the cooling system?

I've also wondered about how my mods including aftermarket bumper and skids affected the cooling especially the transmission fluid temps. I wished I would've logged some temps before the mods, but didn't. I've since installed a transmission cooler and have noticed about 10-15 deg cooler average temps.

I've also wondered about how my mods including aftermarket bumper and skids affected the cooling especially the transmission fluid temps. I wished I would've logged some temps before the mods, but didn't. I've since installed a transmission cooler and have noticed about 10-15 deg cooler average temps.
I mean even with the Victory bumper cut and all the crap behind the bumper there is still just a lot of front grille on a GX460

You have done a really nice job. I think the Victory unit is the best option. In looking at the photo with the grill removed, I couldn’t help wonder how all this stuff affects the airflow for the cooling system?
The victory bumper sits below the transmission cooler and radiator so it's no different than stock, the amount I'm using for my winch controller, sits in the dead center, which already have some metal covering the radiator so yet again, not much different than stock.

The one significant difference is the air tank I put in front of the front air conditioning heat exchanger. Haven't noticed any difference and how the air conditioning works. Which is as expected since it has a fan to pull Air through it.

TLDR: don't worry about it if it's something cooled by a fan and you aren't putting an obstruction right against the fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom