2017 Tacoma - Lift Recommendations?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, so I recently sold my 2016 Quicksand Longbed TRD Off-Road Package, and acquired a 2017 Grey Longbed TRD Off-Road Package, with considerably less mileage. When I bought the 2016, it included a handful of lift components that were new in the package, of which I retained. This is what I have:

Bilstein B8 5100 Rear Shocks
Part # 24-186728
For 0-1" Lifted Height

Bilstein B8 5100 Front Shocks
(Ride Height Adjustable)
Part # 24-263018
For 0-2" Lifted Height

Front OME Coil Springs
Part # 2888

From my research, it appears that the front coil springs are for steel bumper / winch applications, and I'm not entirely sure about whether I'll replace the stock bumper, so I'd be open to suggestions on that front?

With that said, those are the only parts that I have. So, what else must be secured to have a viable lift, and would you suggest Old Man Emu (OME) or Bilstein parts?

UCA's - are they a must?
Rear Leaf Springs - are they a must?
Struts - are they also a must?
Bushing Kits, U-Bolts, Spacer Kits, etc.?

The last vehicle that I personally lifted was a UZJ100 Landcruiser (2008), so it has been awhile, and would welcome any input, as I'd like it to be a quality suspension / ride. When we replaced the lift on the Landcruiser, which was a lift purchased from Slee Off Road, I felt that the new lift was a much nicer ride than the factory kit.

Thanks for your input.... I sincerely appreciate it!

I hate to say it but you will receive more advice, all over the map, on Tacomaworld.com. You can also call Marie at Wheeler's Offroad for solid advice (and a current sale).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom