2017 Colorado Landcruiser's San Juan Trip! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys - Really need to start nailing down the details for this trip. Are we expecting folks to just show up at the campground? Is anyone planning to convoy down? If so, where are we meeting? CB/HAM frequency? I want to get all of the coordinating instructions put out on the FB page soon so we can get more people to the event.

Hey @Spadone I plan on working on this tomorrow and Monday. For me, a lot depends on how my incision heals over the next week or so (still having lots of issues). I will coordinate with @SAS as well since he may be leading if I can't go down.

I was down in that area a couple weeks ago, see pic below. I plan to come down but was wondering if I need a radio? I don't have one and not sure I want to install one. Maybe handheld would work for this run?

You guys bringing families with or just the boys?

DJI_0182.JPG

Reactions: SAS
I know we'll have ham and likely CB...but we've used hand held as well in the past to communicate. Families are always welcome on CLC events, and I'm sure a few will be down there this year too!

Reactions: SAS
Anyone is welcome to join the group, whether you can attend the full duration or just part of it.

There is a group leaving Thursday morning, the 24th, meeting at the Shell Station in Penrose, 9am. The site is roughly the "corner" of Hwy 115 and Hwy 50.

From there, travel west on Hwy 50 to Hwy 550 and then south past Ouray to near Silverton. The group is going to try and get a few sites in the Golden Horn Campground at South Mineral Creek. San Juan National Forest - South Mineral Campground

If you are coming, but cannot make the 9am link-up in Penrose on Thursday, be sure to contact myself and @PWCO70crusier to get all of the contact numbers, radio frequencies/channels, etc. That way if you pull in on Friday, Saturday, or even later, the "lead group" knows when to expect you, and we can link-up.

well its official...I'm not going to be able to go. Thursday morning I'm having a wound vac installed to help heal up my incision. Unfortunately I'm still having a lot of issues. Have fun down there, and man I wish I could be having a blast with you. Stay safe...enjoy the camping and company!

Kyle, sorry to hear you won't be able to join us :-( We understand and our thoughts and prayers are with you as you heal. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Looking forward to seeing you on a run real soon!

This was an awesome trip; Myself and Todd drove down on Thursday. JB came down on Thursday night and had to leave Friday afternoon.

Thursday evening we linked up with some Isuzu friends in Silverton. We drove Black Bear Pass on Friday morning, then Bolam Pass back via Durango to Silverton.

Saturday, Todd and I drove Poughkeepsie Gulch and over California Pass to Animas Forks, back to Silverton.

Sunday, we drove Governor Basin and Sydney Basin, then back to camp early to chill out and have another great camp dinner.

Monday, I departed in the morning for Crested Butte, in order to update some trails for trailsoffroad. Todd checked into the KOA. I drove Paradise Divide, Daisy Pass Mine Road, and Schofield Pass, including going down the Devil's Punchbowl. I camped at the metal bridge and then on Tuesday drove Lead King Basin and Crystal Trail to exit at Marble, then Glenwood, and home via Interstate 70 to Breckenridge, then 9 and 24 home.

2006-01-01 13.01.49.jpg

2006-01-01 13.31.31.jpg

2006-01-02 12.39.47.jpg

2006-01-02 12.48.23.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom