2014 Sequoia Second Row Bench Stuck/Frozen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
This just happened and I am not able to find a ton of information on the second row bench seats.

The drivers side second row seat has been folded flat and that is where it is stuck. None of the levers do anything and unfortunately this places the seat over top of the bolts that would let me remove it from the truck.

Is there a factory service manual?

Not patronizing, but are you sure you moved the lever all the way? I’ve noticed on the second row that to me it feels like I’ve moved the lever enough but in reality I haven’t. The lever/handle needs to get fully pulled till it’s touching the bezel basically, then the seat lifts up—for me, in my ‘08....

8533CD4B-4A1F-48D8-B81D-6A61E5A18DFA.jpeg

This quarter found its way between the mechanisms that allowed the seat back to tilt and fold flat. The chances of this must be to high to calculate.

Full story is that this side was always a little harder to work then the other two seats on the second row. Now with this expensive quarter removed, it moves just like the other two seats. Easily tilts and folds flat now.

Last edited:
I was certain it was. When I searched for this there wasn't a ton of posts for Sequoias. So I figured this was a fluke since the same design existed since 2008.

The real issue is finding out how to get the seat out without being able to move it forward or back.

Full disclosure...there was a hammer involved.

It’s weird to me how few posts there are on the 2nd gens.....it’s seriously one of the nicest vehicles I’ve ever driven. (I haven’t really wheeled it, I tow with mine)
Ah the hammer, good ol universal fix all tool lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom