2014 4Runner - shocks question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 4Runner 4wd (my son's truck) and believe its time for new shocks. Do any of you have any recommendations?

His truck looks like a TRD pro (with the black rims and blacked out trim). For instance, I do not know if I can put the Fox shocks from a TRD pro on there and gain 1" lift or if that would involve new springs.

I am not looking to lift the truck more than the 1" or so the Fox shocks would do, if that is doable. Otherwise, recommendations would be appreciated.

I do not know what the truck has on it now, as it is not with me.

I usually post in the 200 forum. Thank you.

I just picked up a 2016 trail. I had a toytec ultimate lift (Bilstein 5100 shocks) on my 2004 4runner and loved how it rode. The bilsteins I had on there first, used a snap ring that you could use to adjust the amount of lift. 0-3 I think. I’m not sure what the TRD fox shocks consist of, but it may be similar.

there are tons of options. It’s going to depend on his driving and use of the car. but if you wanted a lift without swapping springs, an easy way to get that it was with adjustable bilstein 5100s.

I have a set of new TRD Pro front struts and rear shocks that I installed the fronts for about a week on my GX but the valving is to soft for the heavier V8 if you're interested.

I have a 2014 4Runner 4wd (my son's truck) and believe its time for new shocks. Do any of you have any recommendations?

His truck looks like a TRD pro (with the black rims and blacked out trim). For instance, I do not know if I can put the Fox shocks from a TRD pro on there and gain 1" lift or if that would involve new springs.

I am not looking to lift the truck more than the 1" or so the Fox shocks would do, if that is doable. Otherwise, recommendations would be appreciated.

I do not know what the truck has on it now, as it is not with me.

I usually post in the 200 forum. Thank you.

His truck likely isn't a TRD Pro, those debuted in 2015 with the Inferno color. Either way TRD Pro fox shocks will fit on your sons truck without any issue. They're essentially all bolt on products. They should provide about a 1" front lift. If you can find a set of TRD Pro fox shocks on the classifieds that would be a good deal. Otherwise I'd recommend going with the Dobinsons IMS or Toytec Aluma. You can still get in on 15% off Dobinsons for their holiday says. But hurry it lasts until tomorrow. I'd check out Treat Oak Offroad or Apache Off Road for sales on Dobinsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom